Hurricane Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Hurricane Harvey #201  
The real elephant in the room is 7,000,000,000 **** sapiens that are consuming the Earth. Many problems would go away if 1/2 of them went away. That may happen by the end of this century when Mother Earth makes a climate change "adjustment". If you think Hurricane Harvey was bad just wait, you ain't seen nothing yet!

You go first! Put it on youtube so the rest of us can enjoy it.

/ Hurricane Harvey #203  
To give a little perspective...

IMG_1552.JPG

/ Hurricane Harvey #206  
Over one year's worth of rainfall in a period of three days.

Enough to cover the lower 48 in .17" of rain, or cover the city of New Orleans with 128' of water. It would also be 9 days of the flow for the Mississippi River.

More has fallen since that was said. We finally have some sun

Brett

/ Hurricane Harvey #207  
Enough to cover the lower 48 in .17" of rain, or cover the city of New Orleans with 128' of water. It would also be 9 days of the flow for the Mississippi River.

More has fallen since that was said. We finally have some sun

Brett

Sun came out here a while ago. Wind is pretty strong, but it's nice to see some sections of blue sky.

We still have rain in the forecast but the worst is over. The wind is drying things out here nicely. A house up the road 1/2 mile was flooded to the first floor. Water is down now. The lady who lives there left town on Friday, so she's safe. She's probably coming back to a mess.

/ Hurricane Harvey #209  
It was an unheard of amount of rain in an area with extremely poor drainage. The City has done a good job with improving the watershed but there is just so much you can do. Imagine if it had done that in the 50's.

/ Hurricane Harvey #210  
Just had another tornado warning......this time it was right where I live. I don't think it was actually a tornado though.....just a funnel looking cloud. Still raining now.....

It's supposed to make landfall again about 50 miles west of me around midnight tonight. But we still not getting as much rain as Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.