Husky walk behind surging

/ Husky walk behind surging
It's a Chinese (not my first choice, but B&S probably has them made there anyway) outfit, but Ebay said parts location was USA. There was actually one that was $17.95 but it said location China. No, I don't want to wait 3 weeks to get my part.

Will do on the report, and I agree on the gas. It would be nice if we got to have a say in some of this stuff.....glad they know what's best for us:thumbdown:

New carb arrived in the mail this afternoon. Will throw it on tomorrow morning and give it a go. Hopefully there are no other issues.

Well, this mower has more serious issues than a carb. Got the new carb on it, same issue. I re-installed the blade I had taken off, and the pulley, and it knocks so loud it can be heard a 1/4 mile away. Then it started blowing blue smoke, just before I shut it off. Sounds like it's ready to throw a rod.

I MIGHT just save this engine to pull apart and SEE if it's possible to rebuild for some unknown project in the future. I hate to trash it if it is slightly salvageable. It is electric start, so if working it could serve some sort of purpose, possibly, maybe.

Are those hard to rebuild? It has a new carb already :).

/ Husky walk behind surging #14  
I have doubts that the mower is worth any more effort and/or money. I went through something like your situation recently with a 10hp Tecumseh motor YardMaster (Sears) wood chipper. New carb, air filter, oil change to Mobil 1, gas filter, spark plug, flushed motor and fuel tank, new fuel hose.

Ran for 20 minutes and it blew the entire side of the engine out. Probably the oil pump wasn't working. Next destination for that little honey was the garbage pile. I gave it away to someone that may/may not have another engine to put on it. Best of luck to them, but I have more important things to do with my time than to jack around with a dead motor... like play on my tractor :)

Yea I am thinking finding a light weight replacement mower. This one was rear drive, self propelled, elec start. Haven't used the starter in years, it was too heavy for the wife to use, so a light weight push mower might be the ticket.

Our yard around the house, here is small. The fields I mow with our new Husky GT52XLS.

This one is about 10 years old, so I got decent use out of it.