Hustler X-One

/ Hustler X-One #1  

kozak

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D c/w FEL, ACCO Allis 1614
Has anybody had any experience with Hustler ? I am considering a X-One but do not really know much about them. I do have a dealership nearby which is nice. I would be getting the Kawasaki FX850 27HP engine with the Parker Transmissions. It is a beast weighing in at more than 1200 Lbs. The deck is 7 Gauge. Dual fuel tanks with more than 11 gallons. (Insane) I do wish it did have a little bit more cosmetic styling to it like most other Z-Turns. Fairly bulky & square.

Thanks

/ Hustler X-One #2  
I'm a Kubota ZD guy, but my former neighbor used an X-One for many years, and still likes it on his 5 acre new place.
It must be reliable, because I seemed to be his go-to mechanic for his previous John Deere box store mower. The Hustler was problem free apparently.

/ Hustler X-One #3  
Has anybody had any experience with Hustler ? I am considering a X-One but do not really know much about them. I do have a dealership nearby which is nice. I would be getting the Kawasaki FX850 27HP engine with the Parker Transmissions. It is a beast weighing in at more than 1200 Lbs. The deck is 7 Gauge. Dual fuel tanks with more than 11 gallons. (Insane) I do wish it did have a little bit more cosmetic styling to it like most other Z-Turns. Fairly bulky & square.

Thanks
Hustler, yes. X-One ? No. I have a Fastrak 48". As with many major brand, or even some lesser known that are made by major brands, I think you will be pleased. For ME, THE most important aspect was to buy local where I could get parts and service when needed. The Kawasaki engine is the way to go. Although, my previous JD 425 Extended Wear engine gave me 12 trouble free years before I decided to upgrade.
Good Luck

/ Hustler X-One #4  
Bought my Hustler FasTrack 54 back in 2005. At that time Honda was the premium engine. Belts, blades, and front tires have been only repairs. Built like a tank, especially compared to most newer zero turns. That's why I have kept it this long!

/ Hustler X-One #5  
My dad has the 60" X-one with the 27 HP Kawasaki.

We put Gator Mulch G6 blades on it, and it is a grass cutting monster.

It's been trouble free through 500 hours, mowing a rough 5 acres, at high speeds. I highly recommend it.

The only squawk we had was the seat on his model had no suspension. We added a low profile spring system to it, ($200). Now, it's like sitting on a Lazy Boy.

/ Hustler X-One
Thanks for the responses. I initially was looking at Kubota 700 series but they are not available. Looked at John Deere next & their Z740R is not available for order until this November. Really like the Scag's but no dealership close by. So I finally landed on Hustler. Seems to be some problems encountered over the years with the X-One. A lot of money to fork out. I am going to sit on a Super Z today which is supposed to have a similar seat to the X-One. If I bought it, it would be ready for delivery 1st week of July.

/ Hustler X-One #7  
My dad has the 60" X-one with the 27 HP Kawasaki.

We put Gator Mulch G6 blades on it, and it is a grass cutting monster.

It's been trouble free through 500 hours, mowing a rough 5 acres, at high speeds. I highly recommend it.

The only squawk we had was the seat on his model had no suspension. We added a low profile spring system to it, ($200). Now, it's like sitting on a Lazy Boy.
Yeah, my Fastrak is pretty stiff. I put the "flex forks" on the front. Well, worth the money on my bumpy ground. It helped quite a bit. Not like a Lazy Boy, but helped a lot.

/ Hustler X-One
Well I did it now. Put the order in for the Hustler X1. Ordered with the flex forks. Did a test ride and the seat was nice but still bumpy. So anything to make it a little smoother is worth it. I am asking for a price on the tweels option. Trying to find out if they are a failure point. Anybody have tweels for a few years ??

/ Hustler X-One #9  
I seriously considered a Hustler zero turn few years ago - definitely wanted the one with the Kawasaki engine. The following season, the Kawasaki was only available in certain models, and the local dealership had sold and relocated.

/ Hustler X-One #10  
I own a Hustler X-One, 72”, 29HP Kohler.

Bought it 4 years ago, 130 hours now…. It’s been a great machine!

I have the flex forks, self sealing filled tires. I’d like tweels, but they aren’t necessary for my residential use, and the price is $$$$. I just like how they look.

I bought from Caldwell, and got a great deal on the machine. I’m not disappointed whatsoever. It is a true commercial duty mower with a large fuel capacity and plenty of weight.