Hustler zero turn control question

/ Hustler zero turn control question #1  

GaryM

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4100 Hydro
My zero turn has a "snubber cylinder" attached to each control lever so they kind of stay in place and don't move on their own. On one side the attachment unscrewed from the rod. I need to screw it back together, maybe with loctite, but don't know how to pop the plastic piece off the ball to do so.

There seems to be a metal clipmovervthevtop that locks it in place. Is there a special tool to remove the cap? Or is it a case of just using something to force it off?

/ Hustler zero turn control question #2  
Post a pic please..?

/ Hustler zero turn control question
I'll try and get one in the morning.

/ Hustler zero turn control question #4  
pop the plastic piece off the ball
Is it connected like a gas strut?

removing-car-gas-strut_b6b18d.jpg

/ Hustler zero turn control question #5  
My zero turn has a "snubber cylinder" attached to each control lever so they kind of stay in place and don't move on their own. On one side the attachment unscrewed from the rod. I need to screw it back together, maybe with loctite, but don't know how to pop the plastic piece off the ball to do so.

There seems to be a metal clipmovervthevtop that locks it in place. Is there a special tool to remove the cap? Or is it a case of just using something to force it off?
What model Hustler? I've removed the gas struts from my Older Z before, belive I had to pry off the plastic back cap in order to release it. If its the same I'll try to take a look at mine when I get home in the morning (if I can remember).
1778841847.jpeg

/ Hustler zero turn control question
Is it connected like a gas strut?

removing-car-gas-strut_b6b18d.jpg
About like that. I guess I just need the right sized screwdriver to pry the spring clip up or off. Does the clip stay attached? Or does it fly off into the weeds never to be seen again?

/ Hustler zero turn control question #7  
It'll stay on, but still be easy on it. I rotate the screwdriver tip instead of prying.