Hydraulic augers?

/ Hydraulic augers? #31  
I got my 1DSS last week. Has anyone with a hydraulic auger figured out a good storage solution when not on the tractor?

I built a dolly with pressure treated lumber and heavy duty casters from HF.

IMG_0041.jpg

/ Hydraulic augers? #32  
I built a dolly with pressure treated lumber and heavy duty casters from HF.

View attachment 771113

Nice dolly. Any chance you could post a picture from a little further away? Specifically, showing how the ssqa plate is situated.
I bought an ssqa hydraulic auger last year, and had hoped that it would store easier than my previous 3 point octopus.
At the moment I am doing the brute force, totally disassembled approach.

/ Hydraulic augers? #33  
the only reason i didnt get one for my tractor, which also has a rear hydraulic powerpack unit, is because i hardly use it anymore after i installed my fencing. Heck, if i need 1 hole dug to repair a fence i usually hand dig because hooking up auger takes so long. Now if i was constantly using one, id definitely go front mount.

/ Hydraulic augers? #34  
Here you go. It is incredibly simple, the key is to secure the the gearbox to the saddle with a ratchet strap. I added an additional cross piece for augers to fit on it as shown in the first picture. It is so easy to mount that it isn’t even a consideration for drilling a single hole, unlike the old 3 point one.

IMG_9288.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

/ Hydraulic augers? #35  
Thanks for the additional pictures and info.
I'll give the dolly andratchet strap a try!

/ Hydraulic augers? #36  
Here you go. It is incredibly simple, the key is to secure the the gearbox to the saddle with a ratchet strap. I added an additional cross piece for augers to fit on it as shown in the first picture. It is so easy to mount that it isn’t even a consideration for drilling a single hole, unlike the old 3 point one.
I wonder if you bolt some metal to block the forward movement of the power head like... (plz excuse lousy art)
IMG_9289.jpg

you may be able to drop it down in one go without the strap?

/ Hydraulic augers? #37  
I just bought this one on a farm auction a couple of weeks ago. No idea what brand. I have to get a global to SS adapter. I'm in OKC for work and can't wait to get back and get it all hooked up. $1200. They had 3 of them on the sale. Almost bought them all.

Attachments

• IMG_2454[1].JPG
    IMG_2454[1].JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 68
   / Hydraulic augers? #38  
holy co
I just bought this one on a farm auction a couple of weeks ago. No idea what brand. I have to get a global to SS adapter. I'm in OKC for work and can't wait to get back and get it all hooked up. $1200. They had 3 of them on the sale. Almost bought them all.
w. what a great price.cant go wrong with that

/ Hydraulic augers? #39  
I got my 1DSS last week. Has anyone with a hydraulic auger figured out a good storage solution when not on the tractor?

View attachment 770812
My solution

/ Hydraulic augers? #40  
holy co

w. what a great price.cant go wrong with that
Yea, It'll take another $500 or so to get the adapter but I'm looking forward to punching some holes with it. Also getting a Limb Hog so hopefully I can 2 purpose the SSQA adapter.