Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident?

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident?
Thanks, Moss.

It is the EH72-2 carbureted (side-draft)version. Full model number is EH722DS51909702. Serial number 6012302.

I'm in Chattanooga, TN. I'm sure there are several small engine shops nearby I can try, but the Robin service centers are disappearing. They're even gone in Atlanta.

I may call a few places tomorrow to see if they can get to it quickly and if that fails I'll attempt to remove the wire and perhaps order another or have one made locally.

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #12  
Thanks, Moss.

It is the EH72-2 carbureted (side-draft)version. Full model number is EH722DS51909702. Serial number 6012302.

I'm in Chattanooga, TN. I'm sure there are several small engine shops nearby I can try, but the Robin service centers are disappearing. They're even gone in Atlanta.

I may call a few places tomorrow to see if they can get to it quickly and if that fails I'll attempt to remove the wire and perhaps order another or have one made locally.

I think the wire is permanently attached to the coil. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quick update: I've got an appointment to take it in tomorrow. I bought a spark plug tester which shows it is getting spark in left cylinder. The service guy also suggested smelling the oil to see if it smells like gas... says that can make them run bad. It does smell like gas at the fill cap. But this cap is right above the suspect cylinder suspected of not firing and the oil level is not high. Anyway, I guess I'll find out what they say tomorrow.

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #14  
   / Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #15  
There is a separate part # for the plug terminal on the plug end of the wire and a # for the spark plug cap.

Thanks, Moss. Took it in today but not sure when they’ll get to it. Unfortunately I’m competing with $450k forestry mulchers.

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #17  
Maybe they'll think the PT is a cute little machine and have pity on you! Everybody seems to like them. :)

Update: I found out today that it has a broken rocker arm. They’ve ordered parts and they should be here and installed on Monday if I’m lucky.

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #19  
Well, at least they found a definite problem. That take the mystery away.

/ Hydraulic filter change, then engine issues. Coincident? #20  
So that is why you got 10 good minutes and then failure. Odd that a rocker arm would let go.