Hydraulic Filters

/ Hydraulic Filters #1  

Gomer

Silver Member
Just a little "heads up" here on hydraulic filters.

I have a B2630 and had a dented suction filter (from a stick). So I thought hey why not save a few bucks and buy a NAPA filter for it. Everything seemed OK until the oudoor temps started dropping and it took longer and longer for the hydraulics to work (around 2 minutes). I noticed a couple of times that the steering didn't work quite right too.

I went back to the Kubota filters and what do you know, the hydraulics all work right from statrup. The filters were actually cheaper from Kubota.

I don't know what the difference is but apparently they are not the same.

One other little tech tip:
Hook a vacuum cleaner up to the hydraulic fill of the tractor when you change the suction filter and you will only loose about a half cup of fluid. Make sure the area around the filter is clean and you don't need a real powerful vacuum or you will suck fluid back up the hose.

/ Hydraulic Filters #2  
A good example of the "meets or exceeds" garbage proliferated by aftermarket suppliers. I have had the same experiences with Wix hydraulic filters (they make NAPA and Carquest filters) on NH compacts. The filters are more restrictive due to different filter media characteristics. The filtration specifications of some of these filters are equal to or better than OEM, but they don't flow enough cold oil to maintain system performance. The specs read very good, the filters perform poorly in some situations.

/ Hydraulic Filters #3  
I have never even gotten a cross reference for my BX to show up on the Wix site. Agreed. I don't know how one would begin to "replace" the OEM hydro filter with an aftermarket. It would be a total shot in the dark. For a filter one changes only every few years, it seems a odd exercise altogether.

/ Hydraulic Filters #4  
The engine oil filter crossed right over but I haven't tried the hydo either.

/ Hydraulic Filters #5  
Yeah, Wix site crosses the oil, air and fuel filters. No hydro filter, though. Perhaps it is just as well.

/ Hydraulic Filters #6  
This past month I had the exact problem on my b2630. Had napa filters on it
also, changed to Kubota filters and the problem went away. Napa filters suppose to have smaller screens in the filter. These are okay in warm weather
but I will stay with the Kubota filters from now on.

/ Hydraulic Filters
sarti,
Maybe we saved someone else from making the same mistake.

/ Hydraulic Filters #8  
maybe the bypass on the kubota is opening and others are not?

I do not put much faith in WIX etc vs others on filter. I have cut open to many...Kubota thus far, are not "wow" yet. I have yet to find a NON OEM for my hyd filter...All others are NOT bota and work just fine.