Hydraulic Fitting

/ Hydraulic Fitting #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
anyone here ever seen a push fit (almost like a shark bite) hydraulic fitting ?

/ Hydraulic Fitting #2  
anyone here ever seen a push fit (almost like a shark bite) hydraulic fitting ?
Are you referring to a compression type which is available or an actual shark bite.

/ Hydraulic Fitting
Are you referring to a compression type which is available or an actual shark bite.
No, it's not a compression fitting. It's a male fitting on the hydraulic hose, and it pushes into the hydraulic diverter valve and locks in place.
There are little metal clips inside the female connection on the valve, that actually grab, or lock onto the male fitting (on the hose) to keep it connected inside the hydraulic diverter valve.

You just push the male fitting on the hyd hose into the hyd valve and it locks into place

/ Hydraulic Fitting #4  
Tons of pneumatics are done that way. It is basically the industry standard for any industrial pneumatic lines and connections. Can't say I've seen it on hydraulics, but I sure haven't seen all that much in hydraulics...

/ Hydraulic Fitting
Tons of pneumatics are done that way. It is basically the industry standard for any industrial pneumatic lines and connections. Can't say I've seen it on hydraulics, but I sure haven't seen all that much in hydraulics...
If you talking about a regular air line fitting where you must pull the outer part back on the female coupling to disconnect the male fitting ? That's not the case with this type hydraulic fitting.
The male just pushes into the female and fingers grab it and holds it in place. Much like a shark bite fitting for plumbing.

To disconnect it. You must remove the safety ring, push the male into the female, then pull the male end (which is attached to the hyd hose) out.
That's how you remove a damaged hose from the valve.
The other end of the hyd hose is connected in the normal way using a JIC type fitting

/ Hydraulic Fitting #7  
WEO fittings. Alo/Quicke uses a ton of them on their loaders.

Attachments

• DF2FDC43-57F6-448A-9875-DDFA6CE6A917.jpeg
    DF2FDC43-57F6-448A-9875-DDFA6CE6A917.jpeg
    578.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Fitting #8  
Maybe your talking about a Gates Quick-Lok?

Attachments

• 298AE02A-CCEF-42EA-B87A-6C2A145199B9.png
    298AE02A-CCEF-42EA-B87A-6C2A145199B9.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 100
   / Hydraulic Fitting
WEO fittings. Alo/Quicke uses a ton of them on their loaders.

yeah, that's it !!! Thanks !!!
It's on my Quicke loader diverter valve .. No one I have talked with has never seen one. Now I know the name or what it's called I may be able to buy some for when ever I need a hose made.

I broke a hose and no hyd shop I went to had ever heard of or seen that fitting.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Fitting #10  
yeah, that's it !!! Thanks !!!
It's on my Quicke loader diverter valve .. No one I have talked with has never seen one. Now I know the name or what it's called I may be able to buy some for when ever I need a hose made.

I broke a hose and no hyd shop I went to had ever heard of or seen that fitting.
New Holland and Quicke sell adapters with a male WEO fitting on one end and male JIC on the other. I used to stock them so we could make up replacement hoses with JIC fittings and use the adapters. Far better than ordering complete OEM hoses and being down until they arrive. Note there are at least two sizes of WEO fittings that ALO uses.
A search turned up this example.

Last edited: