Hydraulic flow numbers

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #21  
i thought about getting a front mount for my system, but not enough fence post to justify the expense. my post hole digger rear 3 point system spends most of its life on the rack in the shop. but i sure would love a reverse function.

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #22  
Some hydraulic systems have only a single pump. In my case, a 2022 TYM T-25, a single pump partitions total flow into steering and implement flows. Presumably when there is no demand on the steering system, more flow is available for the implement hydraulics. I understand that earlier versions used two pumps.
YoungElder, I'm not exactly clear on this subject but I'd tend to agree with you. My 273 has one main pump that provides both the steering and hydraulic pressure; thus I'd "assume" that if stationary and not using the steering, one would have "full flow" of the pump to power implements. But, that's just my guess and is not stated as a fact!

/ Hydraulic flow numbers
Plan finally came together.
Out with the old:

Auger_old.jpg

In with the new

Auger_New1.jpg

Auger_New2.jpg

Auger_New3.jpg

Auger_New4.jpg

Auger_New5.jpg

So much easier!

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #25  
Some hydraulic systems have only a single pump. In my case, a 2022 TYM T-25, a single pump partitions total flow into steering and implement flows. Presumably when there is no demand on the steering system, more flow is available for the implement hydraulics. I understand that earlier versions used two pumps.
Young
The answer to your question is that It depends on how the system is designed.
With a single gear pump priority flow diverter for steering System making the flow available for implements is a complicated and expensive design so doubtful is an option on smaller tractors.

Larger tractors with variable volume pumps it is an option.

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #26  
Finally may have found something regarding torque and flow, and if I am reading it correctly, the above statement is incorrect in this case.

View attachment 826252

Direct from Digga Drilling Augers for Skid Steer Loaders
This is probably with the hyd fluid fully warmed. The fluid is thus thinner allowing more bypass/leakage in the motor and preventing building good high pressure across the motor. You should be able to get near the full ~2300 ft-lb torque at the lower flows when the fluid is cool and thick. Itll be quite strong for a little while!

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #27  
They're changing both pressure and flow in those tables, which makes it look like flow has an effect on torque. But you can find any text book on hydraulics to tell you what affects motor torque.
I think you are misreading the table. While it may appear to be one where you read across the rows, when you think about it, the first pair of columns and the second pair are independent of each other. One shows flow vs rpm and the other pair shows torque vs pressure. I say this since the 2 pairs do not have the same number of entries and it also just makes sense. I will submit that the table is just poorly formatted...

/ Hydraulic flow numbers
I will submit that the table is just poorly formatted...
yeah, it's misleading for the uninformed like myself. The line shading makes it seem like speed and torque are related, and in this case, they aren't.

/ Hydraulic flow numbers #29  
I think you are misreading the table. While it may appear to be one where you read across the rows, when you think about it, the first pair of columns and the second pair are independent of each other. One shows flow vs rpm and the other pair shows torque vs pressure. I say this since the 2 pairs do not have the same number of entries and it also just makes sense. I will submit that the table is just poorly formatted...
I think that is the right interpretation on the chart. It is poorly done. But follow some figures and and the 2DSS appears to have a larger internal piston area (and volume) than the 1DSS. That makes sense.
And the chart shows that the smaller motor can match the torque of the larger up to a certain point by increasing pressure. That also makes sense.

On an earlier question about how the flow is divided up, it varies with the model.
Our old 1982 Yanmar had hydrostatic power steering and a single hydraulic pump for everything. The pump fed a min. absolute plus proportional flow divider so that whatever the engine rpm and hence hydraulic flow, a certain amount always went to the PS. Then all extra flow over that was available to the FEL or 3pt or remotes. Simple and elegant.

Our Kubota does it the other way. No diversion, just uses separate pumps for everything, including Power Steering, HST, and accessories.

Glad it's working for you, and that looks like some mighty find dirt you have there. Wish ours was as good.
rScotty