Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #1  

Dfixit1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC-3
I have 3/10 mile driveway through the woods that I’ve been plowing and there are times I run out of room. So I get out my Kioti CK-3510Hst with FEL and move piles.
So I thought I would get a rear PTO snowblower but after reading other threads with neck issues so I’ve ruled the rear PTO snowblower out.
So I decided to go the front snowblower route but the Kioti front has to be dealer installed and they have to remove my backhoe mounts to install snowblower subframe mounts.
A friend told me about his setup from the 90’s which was a 80 hp Belarus with a front hydraulic snowblower.

My Kioti is 35 hp. Has anyone used a skid steer tool mount hydraulic snowblower with a compact tractor?
Pros or cons to using a hydraulic snowblower mounted to the loader tool mount?
If so what location did you mount the pump? Mid PTO or rear PTO?

826A200B-EA7D-4EDC-BFBC-FBC9AB5591BF.jpegBE74111D-9C32-4344-8820-E99C61258C38.jpegt

Regards

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #2  
it certainly can be done- see postings by GRS the Great

But it isn't gonna be cheap.

If all you need to do is blow back piles and banks periodically i would think you could make a rear push blower work- maybe just don't go out and do it all at once- Too, when blowing banks you are going to be going slow so you might be able to make mirrors or a camera work
try sitting turned in the seat as well.

I have 3/10 mile driveway through the woods that I致e been plowing and there are times I run out of room. So I get out my Kioti CK-3510Hst with FEL and move piles.
So I thought I would get a rear PTO snowblower but after reading other threads with neck issues so I致e ruled the rear PTO snowblower out.
So I decided to go the front snowblower route but the Kioti front has to be dealer installed and they have to remove my backhoe mounts to install snowblower subframe mounts.
A friend told me about his setup from the 90痴 which was a 80 hp Belarus with a front hydraulic snowblower.

My Kioti is 35 hp. Has anyone used a skid steer tool mount hydraulic snowblower with a compact tractor?
Pros or cons to using a hydraulic snowblower mounted to the loader tool mount?
If so what location did you mount the pump? Mid PTO or rear PTO?

View attachment 594080View attachment 594081t

Regards

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #3  
A compact tractor just doesn't have the GPM hydraulic flow necessary to run something like a hydraulic front snow blower. Even larger tractors would struggle. That's why most hydraulic front blowers use a Power Pack mounted on the 3PH. The Power Pack is basically a big high flow hydraulic pump that runs off the PTO and has its own oil reservoir and cooling system. They work well but they are VERY expensive... $8-10K for starters.

I echo the previous poster. Reconsider a rear snow blower. I do the majority of my plowing going in reverse with a rear blade. It's not that big of a deal. Turn yourself around in the seat a bit so you don't have to turn your neck all the way around. If looking over your right shoulder it also helps to rest your right arm behind the seat. It's not that bad really.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #4  
Looking backwards isn't bad, blowing against the wind with no cab is much worse.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #5  
I looked very seriously into this.......sort version- it ain’t happening!

Long version. Their are companies that will sell you a hydraulic pump that is PTO driven that is then used to power the blower. With the 35hp machine it will need an added reservoir to keep it all cool enough to operate.....according to the manufacture. They wanted about $8000 for the blower and pump but the extra items added up quickly!

The reality is the hydraulic blowers were made for skid steers. They have huge hydraulic pumps and a lot more hp when compared to the CUTs we have.

If you really want to go that way I’d consider mounting an old read blower on the front and powering it with a small engine. A lash up like that is more realistic- I’ve seen a few on here.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?
Yes it appears to be an expensive idea! Priced one out with the rear power pack and its about $12k.
Looks like I will get the Kioti front mount blower for $7k otd.
My idea is to blow the snow instead of pushing with a plow and to sell the plow truck.
Thanks for the replies!

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #7  
Or consider a rear pull type blower. I have an old 6’ one on the back of my 35hp Kubota and it’s great. Having the FEL on is a huge help too.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?
Or consider a rear pull type blower. I have an old 6 one on the back of my 35hp Kubota and it痴 great. Having the FEL on is a huge help too.

I checked into those and our snow gets too deep for that style of blower.