Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?
Here is the setup we have on our L3830 with a 7' Loftness front snowblower.
Rear gearbox:
View attachment 595212
First rear to front PTO section:
View attachment 595214
Second rear to front PTO section and mounting frame:
View attachment 595216
Front frame and snowblower:
View attachment 595217
It was originally on a larger NH, but I adapted it to our L3830 and it works well, have to go slow in heavy stuff though.

Aaron Z

Nice set up, thanks for the pics. I don’t think the reverse gearbox on the rear pto would work with my current setup because of the backhoe bracket hangs down in the back. But your setup definitely looks stronger than a mid pto set up.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor?
This is one of the reasons i needed a loader mounted unit. when my buildings shed, i have a real mess. The horses need to get out and i need to get into my shop. When the roofs shed in bad snow years it could be 6' high. Not as bad this year, but the packs are about 3-4' tall.
View attachment 595245 View attachment 595246 I had to cut off top layer first. View attachment 595247 heres it all cleaned up. View attachment 595248 View attachment 595249

The barn wasnt fully shed off, but its 10F outside and i wanted to get rid of whats on the ground for the horses. View attachment 595250 Going going View attachment 595251 goneView attachment 595252

The shop took 19 minutes start to finish. The barn took 11 . Back in 2008 when the barn shed, it took me 4 hours to clear it with my old 3 point blower and JD870 tractor. Mind you there was more snow. Back then i had to keep turning around to knock down piles with loader then turn and blow. View attachment 595256 View attachment 595255 View attachment 595254 View attachment 595257

Thanks for the pictures. Your setup is my dream machine :)
The other plus is non tier 4!
Plus your setup seems to handle all that hard pack coming off the roofs!
I noticed the tire chains. Are they necessary because of the blower?

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #43  
I have a 50 horse TYM with the loader mounted blower and pto driven pump with reservoir and I love it !!! 12 grand for sure but 80 inches width and yes I have a cab but imo no way would I back up for any price .

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #44  
I have a 50 horse TYM with the loader mounted blower and pto driven pump with reservoir and I love it !!! 12 grand for sure but 80 inches width and yes I have a cab but imo no way would I back up for any price .
you too..... i would NEVER go back. i have yet to ever find an area that wont work with this machine. Just today i had to clear a 6' tall pile that shed off of my shop. i have to keep it clear so it wont melt into the shop and to allow for more snow. IMG_20190316_101020.jpg

Hard to tell at this angle , but center was just under 6' tall...and very densely packed. Took 11 minutes to clear it out. had to take off top 1/3 first, then middle 1/3 and finally the ground level. I work each level until front wheels hit the next section, then back up and attack next level.IMG_20190316_103928.jpg

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #45  
Thanks for the pictures. Your setup is my dream machine :)
The other plus is non tier 4!
Plus your setup seems to handle all that hard pack coming off the roofs!
I noticed the tire chains. Are they necessary because of the blower?
the chains are necessary for the front plow when i dont use the blower. i dont need it in 4wd with the blower. ive used blower before without chains, and it worked just fine. the tractor gets pushed all over the place with the plow without 4x4 AND CHAINS

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #46  
Not enough flow on most smaller tractors

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #47  
This thread has pointed out that the "best" set-up for snow blowing varies tremendously based on a bunch of things. Some of which include: 1) how much snow do you get at one time, how much in total, 2) does it drift, 3) what do you have for a tractor, 4) what kind of area are you clearing (distance, hills, base material, etc) 5) how much money are you willing to spend, and 6) how well do you deal with inconvenience (i.e. looking backwards, getting showered with snow, etc.)

Some other things I didn't see mentioned is that 1) going around tight corners with a front mounted snow blower is a not easy to do because of the long distance of the blower from the pivot point of the tractor. In some instances that can be a real handicap. 2) Front mounted blowers are usually not nearly as easy to install or remove as is a rear mounted (Either push or pull).

Personally, unless I had several miles of deep snow to frequently deal with, I wouldn't be able to justify the complexity and expense of a front mount, but that's just me.

/ Hydraulic front snowblower compact tractor? #48  
This thread has pointed out that the "best" set-up for snow blowing varies tremendously based on a bunch of things. Some of which include: 1) how much snow do you get at one time, how much in total, 2) does it drift, 3) what do you have for a tractor, 4) what kind of area are you clearing (distance, hills, base material, etc) 5) how much money are you willing to spend, and 6) how well do you deal with inconvenience (i.e. looking backwards, getting showered with snow, etc.)

Some other things I didn't see mentioned is that 1) going around tight corners with a front mounted snow blower is a not easy to do because of the long distance of the blower from the pivot point of the tractor. In some instances that can be a real handicap. 2) Front mounted blowers are usually not nearly as easy to install or remove as is a rear mounted (Either push or pull).

Personally, unless I had several miles of deep snow to frequently deal with, I wouldn't be able to justify the complexity and expense of a front mount, but that's just me.
with a frame mount, it would be hard to manage tight corners, but my loader mount isnt any harder that a front end loader. I can lift it over obstacles. I can make it thru anything that i can get a plain tractor/loader thru.