hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #21  
Think it's time for the part from a Kioti dealer. So far you've saved nothing, expense wise, due to Bobcat part seemingly not being the right one. BUT, as has been suggested, your issue may be in addition to the new hose, the replacement filter may have issues too. Until you get the correct hose and see if it solves the problem, we won't know for sure. If it were me I'd sure have another filter ready, in case the next hose blows out too...

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #22  
I would certainly change that filter out anyway. Thats very coincidental and would be worth the cost of another filter. Sorry your having to go thru all that. Of course, it couldnt be a line thats easy to get too! That would be too easy.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #23  
Seems odd you have so much pressure on a line that should be a suction line.
Coincidence it started just after a oil, filter change ?

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #24  
You definitely have something strange going on there. Is the hose sucking in and causing the failure or is oil spraying out like it was under pressure? If the hose is sucking in you have something blocking the line or a problem with your filter. If it started after a filter change then you may have gotten a defective filter that is not allowing flow. also there could be something blocking the port out of the transmission. When you take the filter off you should get some slight flow out of the transmission before you put the new filter on.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump
You definitely have something strange going on there. Is the hose sucking in and causing the failure or is oil spraying out like it was under pressure? If the hose is sucking in you have something blocking the line or a problem with your filter. If it started after a filter change then you may have gotten a defective filter that is not allowing flow. also there could be something blocking the port out of the transmission. When you take the filter off you should get some slight flow out of the transmission before you put the new filter on.

I'm not sure if sucking in and rupturing or pushing out. After rupture, it is pushed out. The space between the hard lines is like 1/2" or so, leaving very little hose exposed to pressure. I'm starting to wonder about the filter too. I have contacted the source to see what they will do about replacing the filter. Not sure what you mean by flow from tranny with filter off. Do you mean while idling? Or do I have to move it? When I take the filter off with tractor not running, I get a filter full of fluid and some short-lived dripping from the housing, nothing more. What's puzzling is that for a very short time after the hose change, everything seemed normal. No unusual noises. Good power steering, normal loader speed on all functions. I didn't really operate the backhoe other than using it to put it on the tractor and retracting everything. Today, before it failed, I had cycled the loader through all extents several times to warm the fluid before putting a load on it. Seemed normal. Then, dumped one load and pop. Dead in yard.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump
Drove the 40 minutes to Kioti and got an OEM filter and the hose. Hose was like the BC one, not as heavy as the original. I changed the filter out and noticed that the OEM required way less turns to tighten. Perhaps the TractorJoe filter seats too deep. I guess I'll put the Kioti hose and give it try. I sure hope I don't have to tear it apart again.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #27  
Without rereading all the posts. Did you check and see if you had a sump screen?

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #28  
With the tractor off and filter off the hydraulic fluid should flow a little from the filter mount, especially if you pull the rear transmission dip stick or fill cap. Have you checked the fill cap to make sure mud wasps haven't plugged the hole? The parts breakdown doesn't show any transmission screen on the end of the suction line. I bet your problem was the filter it could cause a High vacuum in the line and break the tube. There is no way to pressurize this suction line unless your engine is running backwards, your hydraulic filter would explode way before you reached 2500psi.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #29  
No question in my mind, the Joe tractor filter is bogus!
Sounds like it is allowing the suction nipple to bottom out and cause the line blowout.
I could be wrong, but your event sequence says not.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #30  
No question in my mind, the Joe tractor filter is bogus! Sounds like it is allowing the suction nipple to bottom out and cause the line blowout. I could be wrong, but your event sequence says not.
Am I wrong but didn't someone post about that same filter that it didn't look right if I remember it was painted red and he said it was bogus and he returned it for his money.

Edit: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/352591-kioti-filter-kits-online.html

Last edited: