Hydraulic Line Help Please

/ Hydraulic Line Help Please #21  
I'm thinking I may have pressure in the lines keeping me from putting them together correctly. The hose goes on though and the machine operates but just drips..
I would have thought moving all the levers on the bucket/3point would have released it..
I should have moved all the hoe levers before I disconnected it but I didn't. In fact i had weight of the hoe on the stabilizers when i disconnected it..

The lever moving technique has limitations with a disconnected hoe. This is because you have a number of double acting cylinders on the hoe.

A double acting cylinder has unequal volumes of oil in each end or side of the piston. This is because of the volume the piston push rod inside one half of the cylinder.

Moving the control levers works when the tractor is off and the hoes still connected works as the oil in each part of each cylinder has a path back to the reservoir.

Once the connection to the tractor is uncoupled, there is no where for these unequal volumes of oil in the cylinders to go.

That is why it is sometimes necessary to use a block of wood and a hammer to try and depress the coupler ball just enough to allow a small volume of fluid to escape thus relieving the internal pressure which is preventing the coupler from fully seating.

Dave M7040

/ Hydraulic Line Help Please
i ordered a new coupler set and I also ordered replacement Pioneer orings for the existing couplers. I will try just the orings first i think.
My thread is 3/4-16 ORB which I understand to mean there is an oring on the male hose end/tractor end. If/when I replace the couplers, do I need to replace the Orings under them as well? I didn't order those.
Also my understanding is that ORB needs no teflon sealant of any kind on the threads, correct?

/ Hydraulic Line Help Please #23  
i ordered a new coupler set and I also ordered replacement Pioneer orings for the existing couplers. I will try just the orings first i think.
My thread is 3/4-16 ORB which I understand to mean there is an oring on the male hose end/tractor end. If/when I replace the couplers, do I need to replace the Orings under them as well? I didn't order those.
Also my understanding is that ORB needs no teflon sealant of any kind on the threads, correct?

Both ends of the coupler will need ORB fittings connecting to them.

It would be wised to replace the O ring on any ORB fitting you disconnect. Any hydraulics supply place will have them. do NOT use universal O rings!

No sealing required and you should never use Teflon tape on a hydraulic fitting. Little strings break free and get caught in the worst of places

SAE Straight Thread (ORB)

Dave M7040