Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use?

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #11  
I now have a few implements with hydraulic hoses, with some obvious abrasion points. I can reduce most of it with creative tiewrap use, but there will still be some areas that will be more prone to rubbing/wear and tear. What do you use to protect your hoses? Nylon tube sleeve, plastic spiral wrap, velcro sleeves?

I would rather get a solution that allows me to protect the hoses still attached (less mess), but will consider all options.

The loader hoses on my Kioti have a nice nylon velcro sleeve, but it is a bit low on coverage and is already fraying. Ideally I would find another source and overlap the oem sleeve (basically warps all 4 hoses) with another nylon velcro sleeve, increasing coverage and doubling up on the "fraying point".
Ha! HFT to the rescue!! I use their black split poly wire wrap, SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) #66986): 1/2" ID and 11/16" OD @ $2.99 (less discount) for 7' -- it seems to git 'er done!

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #12  
Another thing that will work is old fire hose.
Conscientious commercial landlords will generally comply and replace them on due dates.
Most are 1 1/2" and very tough material.
Those hoses also work very well to protect your tie down straps.

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #13  
McMaster Carr sells hose sleeving.

I use a fabric type hose wrap that you have to remove one end of the hose.

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #14  
I don't know, but they do sell it in the same isle as the other hydraulic stuff.

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #15  
Are the edges of the spiral rounded? Unclear from the picture. I have seen some that have square edges (looks like someone just spiralled a pipe), they can actually chaffe the hose.
You can always use heat, a match, torch or soldering iron, to soften and round off the edges.

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #16  
My New Holland has four hydraulic lines running to the back, under the right side of the platform, and I noticed them touching each other. My chipper has numerous contact points on the various lines. I had previously installed two of those plastic hanging strip doors in the barn, and had to cut them to length. That gave me about 22 pieces of 4"x6" very thick but flexible plastic, which turned out to be perfect for wrapping those hoses and securing them with heavy zip ties.

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #17  
For just abrasion prevention, I recently used a braided loom. It feels plastic. 3/4" was the perfect size for 1/4" hydraulic hose. It expands to fit over the end fittings. I would not use it anywhere near engine heat or any exhaust components. You can still see some of the hose through the braiding. $11.54 for 100 ft, so the investment is minimal if it doesn't work out: 100 Feet 3/4" Expandable Wire Cable Sleeving Sheathing Braided Loom Tubing Black | eBay

/ Hydraulic line sleeve/abrasion protection : what do you use? #18  
I now have a few implements with hydraulic hoses, with some obvious abrasion points. I can reduce most of it with creative tiewrap use, but there will still be some areas that will be more prone to rubbing/wear and tear. What do you use to protect your hoses? Nylon tube sleeve, plastic spiral wrap, velcro sleeves?

I would rather get a solution that allows me to protect the hoses still attached (less mess), but will consider all options.

The loader hoses on my Kioti have a nice nylon velcro sleeve, but it is a bit low on coverage and is already fraying. Ideally I would find another source and overlap the oem sleeve (basically warps all 4 hoses) with another nylon velcro sleeve, increasing coverage and doubling up on the "fraying point".
Look at McMaster-Carr and search for "expandable sleeve". Several different kinds and sizes.