Hydraulic problems

/ Hydraulic problems #1  
Tractor
Jinma 284
Last weekend I was moving some dirt with my jinma 284 and my three point lift stopped working and my power steering would barely work. I limped it to the shop and checked everything out. Hydraulic strainer was clear, quick connectors are connected fluid level was on the stick. Engine oil level was dead on the money full.
I put a new hydraulic pump on the tractor and I still have the same issue. I disassembled the steering/lift valve and inspected everything, nothing broken or dirty.
I checked the drive inthe timing cover when the pump was off and it was OK.
Anybody else have this problem?
I do not have a front-end loader or a backhoe, just a regular tractor.

/ Hydraulic problems #2  
About the only thing left is to check the pressure relief valve. If it failed it could be dumping at a lower pressure than it is supposed to.
If you look into the tank through the filler plug while the engine is running can you see movement of the fluid? how about if you turn the steering wheel while watching, any changes?
Do you have remote quick connects on the back of the tractor? If so you could connect a pressure gauge to a quick connect fitting and test by putting the 3 point lever in the full up position. You should see some pressure then as the cylinder hits the end of the stroke you should see pressure spike just before the relief valve dumps back to the tank. You should be seeing something close to 2000 PSI I would think.

/ Hydraulic problems #3  
Is your 3 point up or down? I have hit a bump before and the piston for the 3-point will come out of its cavity and lose all hyd pressure.

/ Hydraulic problems
I disconnected the outlet side of the pump and started the motor and had no fluid out of the pump .

/ Hydraulic problems
I also primed the steel line from the reservoir to the pump by filling it with oil before I started it.

/ Hydraulic problems #8  
Sure the pump drive is turning? Don't quote me but don't they use a driven gear with the pump engaged with a tang?........Mike

/ Hydraulic problems
I pulled the pump off and checked the drive, it's definitely turning. With the engine off the drive gear will not turn so that rules it out. I think I may have a bad new pump.

/ Hydraulic problems #10  
How does the pump couple up to the drive gear?