Hydraulic Question for you??

/ Hydraulic Question for you?? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
I have a sprayer i am going to use on my T1510 new holland. Now it does not have rear remotes but it does have a loader. So my plan is to use the bucket curl and tilt functions to run the hydraulic cylinder on the sprayer VIA 2, 3/8 hydraulic lines. I can buy the lines at TSC or another local farm store and they have threaded ends. But what is the couplings i need to use. They are the standard farm tractor couplings and not flat faced skid steer style. I know i need 4 of them. 2 females and 2 males but what are they and can anyone tell me what they are called. maybe even a part number or numbers if i am lucky?? Thank's

/ Hydraulic Question for you?? #2  
Check your present QD's to see if there is any numbers on them..... You want to stay with same spec. number for compatibility through out your system... Many different sizes and styles...

Might get better responses in "Hydraulics" forum...

Dale

/ Hydraulic Question for you?? #3  
Here is a size chart for common couplers:

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/qd_sizechart.pdf

You probably have either 1/2" or 3/8" ag couplers

ag couplers have ball or poppet ends. The ag couplers in the diagram have ball ends, the series A couplers show poppets. While they're supposed to interchange they sometimes don't. It's best to get the same type so they match. Pioneer and Safeway are good brands.

While the couplers are usually NPT threaded, NPT threads suck for hydraulics. They have to be super tight, they leak uness sealed, and they dont' reuse well. JIC has none of those problems. I recommend using NPT to JIC male adaptors and then hoses with JIC female swivels. Use Loctite 545 sealant on the NPT threads.

Usually there are 4 females on the tractor size and 4 males going to the loader. Whatever is on the loader make sure you know which lines go where. Often there are four different colored dust caps. On the other end you'll need males and females. They make JIC bulkhead fittings so you can make a bracket instead of leaving them flopping around.

Surpluscenter and discount hydraulic hose are good places to buy fittings and hoses. I use old garden hose to mock up the hydraulic hose runs for sizing.

Put the loader bucket in a neutral position when you unplug it so there is less pressure on the hydraulics when you go to reconnect. If there's much pressure it makes connecting the fittings difficult.

1/2" ag couplers are the most common for the implement side. Pioneer 4200s are about $25 for a set as TSC. Those and Safeway S40s have two way sleeves on the female coupler which makes connecting and disconnecting easier.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Question for you?? #4  
You need iso which is industry standard outlet.

/ Hydraulic Question for you?? #5  
You need iso which is industry standard outlet.

ISO is an abbreviation for "International Standards Organization". They maintain standards for everything from nuts and bolts to condoms.

In the hydraulic quick disconnect world, there are several QD standards. You can't just say "I need an ISO quick disconnect". As previously linked above, there is:

ISO 16028 Flush Face

ISO 5675, your typical ag connector

ISO 7241 Series A, which seems to have more prevalence in europe.

ISO 7241 series B, which seems to be Kubota's favorite and is what is on my MX4800.

I went with ag connectors for my 3rd function and rear remotes though. Easier to get and costs just a little less.