Hydraulic slide locked up.

/ Hydraulic slide locked up. #1  

Racenut

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR3135H
Hoping someone might might have an idea why the side slide on my mower is locked up to one side. I thought this was a simple enough thing but I really don't know why it would lock in place like this. I even tried hitting it with the biggest hammer I have .. my tractor 😂

This morning I tried to move it to one side and it didn't move, so I tried the other and it moved fine, but then wouldn't even go back to wear it was, messed with it a bit and it ended up on the far end of adjustment and is locked on. I removed the actual hydraulic ram and thought it would just slide freely.. nope.

As I've never taken this apart, I do t know what what might be the issue. Hoping someone has a trick before I take it apart and make a bigger problem. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240524_010755874.jpg
    PXL_20240524_010755874.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20240524_010750509.jpg
    PXL_20240524_010750509.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
   / Hydraulic slide locked up. #2  
I would suspect it is one of your remote disconnects couplers not letting fluid out. I doubt it is a mechanical problem if it moved in the one direction.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting several times. Sometimes that helps. May have to just replace the couplers.

/ Hydraulic slide locked up. #3  
What he said. When you took the cylinder off did it stroke in both directions? I suspect it is a coupling issue.

/ Hydraulic slide locked up. #4  
also try just gently feathering the control with tractor at idle and watching the hoses to the cylinder. Do they both kind of stiffen or does neither?

If both problem is on return side quick disconnect, if neither problem is on pressure side.

If only one then might be a cylinder concern.

/ Hydraulic slide locked up.
I have taken the hydraulic ram off completely, and it works both directions. The slide on the mower is still stuck. I did manage to figure out that it's the top tube that is sticking. If I pound the end of it I can get it to shift a millimeter at a time.