Hydraulic top link on BX

/ Hydraulic top link on BX
I'm sure one slightly longer would work but I think it's pretty limited on much longer being right. This is very close to the manual top link lengths. Retracted length really doesn't need to be any less IMO.

Oh, you meant actually swapping out the lower 3 point arms. Not something I've even thought about, but now I don't need to .

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic top link on BX #32  
This is very close to the manual top link lengths. Retracted length really doesn't need to be any less IMO.
On my top link on my tiny 4wd tractor, being able to shorten the top link substantially has made me able to go places with my box blade i wouldn't have been able to go otherwise because pulling the back of the box up increases my 'departure angle' (that's what off-roaders call it anyway) and stops me jamming the back of the box in the ground if i am driving in some 'interesting' terrain.

This pic shows the max i can pick the back of the box blade up to. Maybe a 6" difference but if you draw a line from the bottom of the rear tire to the end of the box blade it changes that angle significantly. I was recently driving around in my creekbed getting ready to build a retaining wall and it made a big difference there. And yes, i was using the box blade once i got there. I have a slightly larger Kubota b8200 with a backhoe and i stopped trying to use it in the creekbed because i was jamming the bottom of the backhoe into the ground a bit too much.
img_84981-jpg.728622

/ Hydraulic top link on BX
I meant to say retracted length doesn't need to be any longer.