Hydraulink build?

/ Hydraulink build? #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Anyone copied the "hydraulink" rear top link. Looks just like a double acting cylinder with a valve in the middle to control flow from one end of the piston to the other. Where could I source a ram with the ball/heim type joints that a toplink typically has? That and what kind of valve would be used? Would a needle valve work for such an application? Seems I could make one of these rather easily.

/ Hydraulink build?
Ok, so the ram isnt a big deal, two really short hoses and a valve I'd be in business. What kind of valve should be used? Some kind of needle valve?

/ Hydraulink build? #4  
Last edited:
   / Hydraulink build?
This theory is flawed in one severe way, the volume on the rod side is less than on the other side, a simply ram wouldnt work without having something (like air) in the cylinder to help with the volume difference.

/ Hydraulink build? #6  
I believe the Hydraulink does have some air in it .

/ Hydraulink build?
Yea, it does, it literally has to have some air in it because the volume differes from one side of the piston to the other. You cant build one that has fluid on both sides, unless you make some sort of accumulator so that extra oil on the open side has room to go.