Hydro top link

/ Hydro top link #11  
My top link cylinder was under $200, then another $15-20 for fittings and $35 for custom hoses. That was pretty inexpensive to me. About the same for a side link, which I haven't done yet.

On the other hand, the Kubota factory remote valve kit was over $1K, and that was a bit difficult to swallow...

I think a DIY hydraulic top link is a pretty easy project -- you really just need to find a cylinder with the correct ends and the right length/stroke. If you have a mechanical top link already, you can measure it to get the needed length/stroke and look for something in the ballpark.

/ Hydro top link #12  
I have one tractor with just a hydraulic top link and one with both hydraulic top and side links. I actually don't find that much use for the side link. I'm using the top link almost continuously.
Mf

/ Hydro top link #13  
Pm me I have a used one for sale like new cat1

/ Hydro top link #15  
love my hyd top link. perfect for almost all soil engagement tools, rotary cutter, etc. also, since i work alone a lot, i feel it's safer to make those height adjustments from the tractor seat rather than standing between the rear wheels & implement constantly adjusting back & forth. certainly justifies an extra remote. best regards

/ Hydro top link
Thanks for all the replies I just ordered one from fit right hydraulics. It has flow adjusters but no check valve.

/ Hydro top link
I Meant flow restricters

/ Hydro top link #20  
Also, why wouldn't you add another single spool valve to control this, rather than using expensive SCV connections intended for higher flow?

My thinking has been to mount a dedicated valve to the fender or someplace I can reach from the seat and from the ground out back, and connect it off the SCV via a T or maybe out the PB port, and then splice in to the return line accordingly. This way I can hard line the pressure and return, and the only soft lines would be to the link itself.