I actually like my new gasoline can.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #11  
I'm buying anything No Spill Jill is selling :)

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #12  
Selling!? She is selling something?

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #13  
Someone sells gas can vents on eBay, drill a half inch hole and install! Work great! No more glug, glug.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #14  
Most Honda dealers sell No Spill.

There is a retrofit kit "To repair old gas and water cans." If not using the No Spill I use funnels and set the spout aside, totally circumventing the EPA's stated purpose. Spilling fuel is not good for emissions either.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #15  
Someone sells gas can vents on eBay, drill a half inch hole and install! Work great! No more glug, glug.

No need to go to flea-bay....

Stop in to any automotive parts store, even Wall World probably has them, and pick up a couple of standard tire valve stems....

Procedure

1. Drill 1/2 hole where the old air vents used to be
2. Remove the little valve from the valve stem
3. Pull the valve stem through the 1/2 hole you've just drilled until it seats
4. Remove the valve stem cap when pouring
5. Replace the valve stem cap after use

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #16  
No need to go to flea-bay....

Stop in to any automotive parts store, even Wall World probably has them, and pick up a couple of standard tire valve stems....

Procedure

1. Drill 1/2 hole where the old air vents used to be
2. Remove the little valve from the valve stem
3. Pull the valve stem through the 1/2 hole you've just drilled until it seats
4. Remove the valve stem cap when pouring
5. Replace the valve stem cap after use

Which valves do you use, the milton ones I've tried disintegrate in gasoline.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #17  
Which valves do you use, the milton ones I've tried disintegrate in gasoline.

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I don't remember the brand name. They came 2 in a pack so I put one on my gas can and one on my diesel can. I haven't noticed a problem but maybe I should look closer.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #18  
So a while ago, the spout for my chainsaw gasoline can broke. I have been delaying replacing it, mostly out of fear of the new EPA versions. However, I went to cut firewood this weekend and spilled gas all over my 660 and finally decided to retire the old can, which was about 10 years old. I needed a few things at Home Depot, and picked up a can. I have always had trouble neating fueling up chainsaws, but this new can worked great, no mess. You simply turn a collar and push the spout. Anyone else agree?

No way would I agree. That new design is a POS. I bought one out of necessity, used it one time and the next time, the valve wouldn't open. The collar would just turn then click shutting the valve. I had to remove the valve assembly and now it is just a spout. WHO figured that you need to twist a collar, pull back on it at the same time while trying to hold up 5 gallons of fuel and keep the spout in the filler neck. Biggest bunch of idiots ever that came up with that design.
I don't mind the older type where you slide a switch then you can push down on the handle to open the valve. However it seems that they all should come with some sort of over-pressure relief valve. I have seen mine round up like a ball from setting in the sun in summer (empty) and then suck the sides in due to cold (not good for the plastic)

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #19  
The EZ Pour kit has a snap fit vent that is much more convenient than the tire stem. They have a high-flow version available as well. Some are sold at Tractor Supply.

EZ-POUR Universal Fuel & Water Jug Spout

I've now resurrected a number of old containers I had where I'd lost the spout or cap.

But new, I buy No-Spill, they work great and the handle on the back of the five gallon cans is a lot more convenient. I have both gas and diesel cans.

/ I actually like my new gasoline can. #20  
After spilling more gas then I ever wanted to, I just realized that the spout was the problem and no longer use it. I just pour the gas straight from the opening in the can. If I can't get the angle, I use a big funnel.

Eddie