I am so easy. . .

/ I am so easy. . . #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
Again this year, the wife says she wants nothing and needs nothing. Daughters say the same. Grandkids have a few things they would like to get. So trying to buy Christmas gifts is always a challenge as I feel somewhat compelled to get something for everyone. But me - I always have a list. This year: A post hole digger (manual kind - one handle broke on my old one), a drill bit sharpener (the kind you all recommended to get when I posted about that), a chainsaw saw-chain sharpener for my collection of unsharpened saw-chains - very practical things. And I will be getting all three things. For sure, wife is a keeper - she won't even let me get her a new, or newer car to replace her 14 year old Pilot. We can easily afford it, but she says ours runs just fine. Anyway, I wonder if it is like this for most guys on here - always a list, always 'need' or 'want' something practical.

/ I am so easy. . . #2  
LOL, my wife won't tell me what she wants, but expects something thoughtful. I just ask for diesel and gravel.

Couple years ago my wife looked at her ratty night gown and ask for something nice to sleep in. I was on a camping binge at the time, I bought her a military sleeping bag:)

Best,

ed

/ I am so easy. . . #3  
Good Afternoon beowulf,
Ha Ha we should all be so lucky !!;)
All kidding aside, my wife does almost all the shopping for Christmas and otherwise, I really have no complaints !:)

/ I am so easy. . . #4  
I'll buy a bone for my dog, and a bag of corn for the chickens. Then I'm done. :D

/ I am so easy. . . #5  
If we don't know what to get someone, or if we really like them, doesn't matter, we'll pick up this locally made concoction/treat. It's sold at all local grocery stores, drug stores, etc. seasonally.

/ I am so easy. . . #6  
My wife's also a keeper. We decided early on in our 35 year marriage that exchanging gifts wasn't necessary to demonstrate our affection for each other. We have fairly simple tastes and are fortunate enough to be able to buy whatever we need.

Our extended family is so large that gift giving was problematic for everyone. We used to draw names from a hat but gave that up also. All are adults now and able to fend for themselves. We still enjoy the holidays even without the gift giving ritual.

/ I am so easy. . . #7  
   / I am so easy. . . #8  
I send my mother a card for Christmas. Next month the local snowmobile club has a lobster stew feed, and I will buy two servings to bring down for us to enjoy.

/ I am so easy. . . #9  
My bride say's I can't think of anything I want for Christmas,because she buy whatever during the year...ahhhh when that said it's a test. ;)

Last edited:
   / I am so easy. . . #10  
My bride say's I can't think of anything I want for Christmas,because she buy whatever during the year...ahhhh when that sad it's a test. ;)
That's why my family stopped exchanging gifts. We were never extravagant, and anything you could buy me I already have if it's something I need/want. The last few years we got together my mother would take a family off the tree at church and we would buy for that. It was the first time in years that I actually enjoyed Christmas, and shopping for things people wanted. Now I just donate money to the Salvation Army, and am done with shopping in one fell swoop.