I am so easy. . .

/ I am so easy. . . #11  
First - Beowolf - kudos to your wife

Second - Dirttoys - Are you still married ? Wonder is she says you're a keeper (just kidding). Gutsy to military sleeping bag. Hope you put something nice down in the toe ball.

3rd Jstpssng - I'm with you.

We Americans have so much - we on this forum compared to other Americans. Almost all Americans compared to so many in other parts of the world.
For receiving - a consumable - bottle of wine, cheese, etc. We all have everything we want.
For giving - see above. But for others - the needy, or someone you know who's not as well off as you. Surprise a favorite waiter. Overwhelm the children in the humble house down the street. Coat the palm of a favorite musician (they never make enough to cover the costs of their learning and practicing). Make the day for someone NOT driving a Mercedes, but someone driving an old beat up Chevy. For children, it's all about receiving.
If you're reading this - it's all about giving.

/ I am so easy. . . #12  
50 years and counting I married a keeper also. Anything expensive she doesn't like.
She got me Knipex pliers and I got her a table saw!
Just kidding!
Like friends who each spend a few $thousand for each other (which makes no sense), we spend about $60 each. We have everything we want, we try finding something useful, a surprise gift.

/ I am so easy. . . #13  
LOL, my wife won't tell me what she wants, but expects something thoughtful. I just ask for diesel and gravel.

Couple years ago my wife looked at her ratty night gown and ask for something nice to sleep in. I was on a camping binge at the time, I bought her a military sleeping bag:)

Best,

ed
ahhh ha. You may find yourself sleeping "at the North Pole". In her new military sleeping bag. I never forget what my father in law told me. Want to know who really likes you, throw your wife and your dog in the trunk and come back in 2 hours to let them out.... Wonder which one is glad to see you. Ha

/ I am so easy. . . #15  
Yep!

It's really good! Local company that's making a national name. They're building a new factory west of town.

We joke because their large boxes make great gift boxes for other stuff at Christmas. So the family starts unwrapping presents, sees the Chocolate Charlie box, gets all excited, then finds a sweater, gloves, socks, etc.. :ROFLMAO: You just never know what you're gonna get in this family!🙃

/ I am so easy. . . #17  
That's why my family stopped exchanging gifts. We were never extravagant, and anything you could buy me I already have if it's something I need/want. The last few years we got together my mother would take a family off the tree at church and we would buy for that. It was the first time in years that I actually enjoyed Christmas, and shopping for things people wanted. Now I just donate money to the Salvation Army, and am done with shopping in one fell swoop.
My wife's church has a tree like that as well. She really enjoys getting things for kids that she picks off of that tree.

/ I am so easy. . . #18  
Yep!

It's really good! Local company that's making a national name. They're building a new factory west of town.

We joke because their large boxes make great gift boxes for other stuff at Christmas. So the family starts unwrapping presents, sees the Chocolate Charlie box, gets all excited, then finds a sweater, gloves, socks, etc.. :ROFLMAO: You just never know what you're gonna get in this family!🙃
Sounds a lot like my family. Tricky wrapping jobs were an art form.

/ I am so easy. . . #19  
Sounds a lot like my family. Tricky wrapping jobs were an art form.
I recall someone in my family wrapping some present for someone else one year and making it look like a palm tree. :ROFLMAO:

/ I am so easy. . . #20  
I recall someone in my family wrapping some present for someone else one year and making it look like a palm tree. :ROFLMAO:
Haha...weights added, rattles of various sorts, nested boxes like a Russian doll...the list goes on.

My sister was a snoop. Ruined Christmas for me when I was about 9 or so. I knew everything I got before I opened it. Since then, I go out of my way to avoid accidentally finding out.