I broke it...first day with 2305

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
It’s hard to admit it when I mess something up, but I have learned so much from other TBNer’s who were willing to share their experiences (good and bad), I decided to share mine.
Today was the first day I had time to spend with my new tractor. It was cold, and the ground was damp, but I spent the afternoon trying to learn how to use the tractor and implements.
First, I found out why there was a bar across the lower draft links. I removed it while playing – I mean working – /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif with rear mounted implements. When I put the MMM back on, it wouldn’t raise with the rockshaft control lever. Without the bar, the left draft link on the TPH is not held into position to engage the mower lift mechanism.
Now, here’s the bad news. I took the 200CX off and put it on twice with no problems. Very easy and fast. The third time I tried to detach the loader, I bent the parking stand. I’m not sure what I did wrong. The ground was not perfectly level and it was soft. Next thing I knew the masts were on the front tires. The parking stand bent forward/upward. When I finally got the loader back on, the parking stand was above the weight bracket, and when I tried to straighten the stand (bend it back down where it belongs), it broke where it attaches to the mast.
I’ll call my dealer tomorrow, hope this doesn’t take long to repair. Does anyone know how much this will cost to repair or if it’s covered by my warranty?

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #2  
Well, I can't help you but you may have helped me. I'm getting my loader this week and I will remember not to take the loader off on unlevel ground! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #3  
Call early, and tell them lunch is on you. Order about 6 pizzas. And tell them about your trouble as you drop them off... Dealers have some leeway...

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #4  
I finally took my loader off last week for the first time.
Really, I had no clue what to do. And, you know, manuals are for girls /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Fortunately I didn't break anything. But it was unnerving and definately not intuitive. The silly thing is, I have no reason to ever take it off. The darn thing drives like a Ferrari without it though, heh.
Hopefully the pizzas will get you some help. If I gave my dealer 6 pizzas, they' each get a pizza /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The ground was not perfectly level and it was soft. )</font>

They is the key to your trouble. Soft and unlevel.
The first time I took mine off, in the grass, it took about 1 hour to get it back on! The loader shifted when it came off and just would not align properly to get it back on!

It is HIGHLY recomended that loaders be removed on a hard level surface...

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #6  
morning. been there, done that, TOO! It should not be too expensive to repair. you may have to wait.....if they need to order a part. I can't put a 2210 loader on without a hammer! Don't forget to take a bit of weight off your front tires in the future as you detach....force the bucket downward just a little to press it level if you are not on concrete. also don't forget to relieve the pressure on BOTH ends. Use the joystick to relieve pressure on the tractor side; and press the tip end of the FEL hoses to relieve pressure on the bucket side. makes reattaching the hoses MUCH easier. Don't feel badly.....learning all this stuff is definitely a trial/error deal. The manual doesn't come close to telling you how to do it!

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #7  
That sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but thanks for posting it.

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #8  
Wow, what a bad day. I don't take my loader off often. I just took it off in the fall to put the Snowblower on and just put it on last week. No problems, but I did it slow, and it was parked on a concrete floor in a garage. My biggest problem was realizing that the manual shows incorrect (or maybe just a bad picture) of the host routing... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't take the loader off otherwise. When I mow I just take the bucket off to drop 180lbs and leave the loader on. No problem and without the bucket you'll avoid rocking as long as you have loaded tires.

Good luck at the dealer.

/ I broke it...first day with 2305 #9  
Don't feel too bad, I seem to break everything when it is new. The learning curve can be steep on new equipment sometimes. I have never taken a loader off, I might want to try it at the dealer first!

I bet they cover it under warranty, my dealer seems to cover everything. The service is one of the main reasons I do business with them.

On the MMM, I had to figure that out on my 2210. That is one of the reasons I got a i-match setup. The i-match will keep the arms in enough to keep the lift working.

Let us know how it turns out.

D.

/ I broke it...first day with 2305
Thanks, Darin (and everyone else)
Called the dealer today, he's coming tomorrow to pick it up. Here's a pic of the broken stand. I'll let you all know how I make out.

Attachments

• 862343-100_C559.JPG
    862343-100_C559.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 680