I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #71  
I found that even a heavy splitting axe didn't work very well on my knotty pine. I got a 25 ton Didier hydraulic splitter.

I have two major axes - both are Fiskers. A single blade and a double blade. Better than average steel - easy to keep razor sharp.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #72  
I have never broken the handle or stuck a maul in the wood. I can’t say the same thing for splitting with an axe.
I have stuck both mauls and axes in the wood - it just depends on what you are splitting. I generally find both very easy to unstick. I have never broken a handle on an axe, but have on a maul.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #73  
The Fisker ax claimed to ”produce more one strike splits.” It would barely produce one split at all. Very disappointing. My son was doing one strike splits all day with the old ax before the handle broke. Not every split was one-strike but the majority were. But not with the Fisker ‘splitting ax” at all.

@John_Mc Im glad you found one you like and I’ll look again at Fisker next time. I’m sure most of their stuff is good.
My 2 sons both have Fiskar splitting axes and in one swing most wood is split if not knotty. Both are big boys over 200 lbs

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #74  
My 2 sons both have Fiskar splitting axes and in one swing most wood is split if not knotty. Both are big boys over 200 lbs
We got just the opposite results using the double bit Lowes ax vs the Fisker ‘splitting ax”. My son is right at 200 lbs, over 6’ tall and in pretty good shape. We were splitting a mix of oak and pecan. That Fisker wouldn’t split a log, hardly.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #75  
The Garret Wade axe appears to be a Helko https://www.helkonorthamerica.com/. I have several Helko axes and a Helko splitting maul. They are every bit as good as Gransfors, Adler, etc.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #76  
I haven't found anything that beats the Fiskars X27 for a lot of splitting, although I noticed that it confounds some people that are used to swinging a heavier axe. It's all about speed versus weight. You may remember from high school physics that momentum is mass*velocity. The X27 is light so it needs to be swung faster to get the same momentum. I think it's a net gain because the rest of the time you're handling a much lighter tool. I'm no athlete but I feel like it's more efficient for me to swing the lighter tool faster.