I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #51  
Those loose .22 shells could get you a criminal record here. Unsafe storage of ammunition.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair
Those loose .22 shells could get you a criminal record here. Unsafe storage of ammunition.

In Mexico just one 22 bullet would get you 10 years in thier prisons. in New York same 1 22 bullet would get you life in prison.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #53  
I have ten chainsaws and a couple of AXES that never get used. I used to use them for chopping roots in the ground, but got tired of soil in my hair and started using a saws-all. What do people use an AXE for? The OP mentioned something about a STUMP???

I recently bought the Milwaukee Brushless battery saws-all mostly for cutting roots and stumps. Used it today for a couple. Better than an axe ever was, for me.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #54  
There Holly Bush stumps left after cutting down them worthless bushs, i love wacking at them with my Axe everytime i hit the stump i think i am choping my ex wives oldest son in his worthless head.

WOW, that is a real good way of dealing with pent up frustrations. :rolleyes: Do you maybe need to talk to a shrink?

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #55  
Haven't split wood in 20 years. Neighbor recovering from the big C so, I offered to bust up a red oak that came down 9 months ago.

All my tool are in storage so I had a maul,a wedge I borrowed, strong back, weak mind.

I forgot how much work that was. Cut it to size, 18 inches! Tote it here and there. Beat on it like a red headed stepchild, that maul weighs a ton. Like hitting a trampoline! Tote it some more. Make a pile.

I told him, I'd cut it, tote it, stack it etc but. I will not split it again, I'd rather just buy him some wood! Next time we get a splitter!

I've said it before, I'm a pellet stove lover!

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair
Harbor Freight had lost the Axe's Head protection that should have come with the Axe i bought just told me sorry, i found some good heavy rubber and with a little help from my hole punch, and a few tying straps i made my own sharp blade safety cover problem solved. Pittsburgh 4.5# Axe (1).jpeg

Attachments

• Pittsburgh 4.5# Axe (2).jpeg
    Pittsburgh 4.5# Axe (2).jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
   / I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #57  
Harbor Freight had lost the Axe's Head protection that should have come with the Axe i bought just told me sorry, i found some good heavy rubber and with a little help from my hole punch, and a few tying straps i made my own sharp blade safety cover problem solved.View attachment 674939

I use lengths of old garden hose. Cut one side of the hose across its length, and then attach a cord to either end of the hose. The slit hose slides over the axe edge, and the cord loops around the back of the axe to keep it attached. Something like the picture on further down this page: Cheap easy axe sheath idea's | Bushcraft USA Forums

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #58  
Just saw this tread, so best ax in my opinion, and I use an ax almost daily is a granfords bruks ax. Top notch great grind and makes you understand why an ax was such a deadly weapon. Once you have one you will not ever want to use another one. Still hand forged in Sweden.

/ I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #59  
Heres pics I dug up of my of some of my axes and the one maul I own "out west " before we have used them . Stihl axe ( Big OX ) , Stihl maul (Big OX ) , and 2 Husqvarna axes one wood handle and one I recently purchased ( F - composite handle ) S1600 model . BTW don't own one but the new Channelock Mauls painted blue are actually " Trupers ". Like I said earlier not knocking them never even tried one or owned one but never owned a Fiskers . As far as wedges I have always heard and followed "never strike metal with metal " ? metal with aluminum or hard plastic "ok " ?
I 'am no pro lumberjack or tree cutter , just sharein what I always heard as far as wedges . Wear eye protection , gloves if possible and keep your trap shut .........

Attachments

• 21212121212121.jpg
    21212121212121.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 118
  • thumbnail (30).jpg
    thumbnail (30).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail (31).jpg
    thumbnail (31).jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 123
  • thumbnail (35).jpg
    thumbnail (35).jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 125
  • thumbnail (39).jpg
    thumbnail (39).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 136
  • thumbnail (41).jpg
    thumbnail (41).jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 112
  • thumbnail (19).jpg
    thumbnail (19).jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 118
   / I found after using my chainsaw i needed a good AXe try finding a good one at a fair #60  
I can offer some insight on the Fisker, splitting ax. Don’t waste your money. We bought a Fiskers splitting ax and a Lowe’s brand double bit ax at the same time. Son was splitting wood and finally broke the handle on an old ax we have had for years.

Decided to try out the Fiskers based on the lifetime guarantee. But bought the double bit Lowe’s brand just because that was simi to what we had been using and it was working fine.

We were splitting some pecan and oak that had been cut about 5 months ago.

Fiskers would not split anything like the Lowe’s double bit did. Took the a Fiskers back the next day.

The Fiskers was over $60 and the Lowe’s was ~ $26.