I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS!

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS!
I'm not sure exactly what happened, it could also be that there was residual liquid in ne of the reservoirs where somebody added softener too late or something. All that I know is when I posted last night I was pretty discouraged... paid six bucks for my clothes to smell like THAT? Washing machines are the only thing we're allowed to not go into the septic here, so mine does into a separate line.

I also can't stand the smell of "air fresheners"... if my truck starts getting rank I will cut a piece of cedar and put that on the defroster until I get a chance to clean it.

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS!
I've never had a dryer, preferring to line-dry my clothes. The few times I've had to use one (long rainy spell), the clothes smell like lint to me.
Ditto here. It's just me so I can usually find room to hang them to dry. I also have a 20 foot quanset greenhouse which I used to hang them in if it was storming, but the plastic came off it last year about this time. I bought a $60 tarp at Mardens, but that disintegrated last month in a wind storm and I haven't replaced it.

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #13  
The only thing we wash at the laundromat are cat beds and horse blankets
2022_12_17_10.03.23.jpg

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #15  
Leaving a pod?
That happens also. Sign at local laundromat says "No dying in the machines", the last place I'd want to die is a laundromat.

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #16  
Glad that we didn't have a laundry leak in this old house. I learned though that our stack was 1 1/2" Our front loader is almost 20 years old. They say the new ones need a 2" stack for sure. So yet another plumbing update for me.

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #17  
I'm not sure exactly what happened, it could also be that there was residual liquid in ne of the reservoirs where somebody added softener too late or something. All that I know is when I posted last night I was pretty discouraged... paid six bucks for my clothes to smell like THAT? Washing machines are the only thing we're allowed to not go into the septic here, so mine does into a separate line.

I also can't stand the smell of "air fresheners"... if my truck starts getting rank I will cut a piece of cedar and put that on the defroster until I get a chance to clean it.
Nice to have home grown air fresheners!

I suspect that the "fragrance" is due to other customers overloading the machines with detergent and softener, leaving residues inside the machines, and worst case, molding.

All the best,

Peter

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #18  
I'd never seen it before and thought it was disgusting. Like sharing the bath water on a Saturday night! Yuck!

Might depend on with whom you are sharing...

35455[1].gif

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #19  
And what where the Romans thinking!? Public Bathhouses with communal pools. 💩:sick:😖😫🤮

/ I had to use the laundromat tonight... my house STINKS! #20  
Years ago, when I was a kid growing up, we had a machine that reused water, I think it was just the wash water. It took a pretty good sized wash tub to hold the water. I doubt a normal machine or laundermat does that any more.
When I was a kid at home we had a Kenmore that had a water saving mode. Wash water went to an old wringer machine and sucked it back out for reuse. Pretty much the same as taking a bath in the same water after my dad was done.