I Hate To Even Think This, BUT

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #11  
Yes - I shake hands on the purchase of a tractor - I have sealed this deal. Same with my truck. My only caveat. I added more implements along with the purchase of my M6040. Salesman was more than pleased to handle this.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #12  
If you welch on the deal, you have just told the dealership your word is no good. For Christ's sake, make up your mind and stick with your decision.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #13  
Tractor your thinking about from the same dealer? if so talk to them.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #14  
How about just being honest with the dealer? See if there's a way to an agreed upon change. If you're on the hook then you're on the hook. Worst case you lose a thousand bucks or two: you can always sell something! Rarely does one get something that one holds on to for the rest of their lives (well, given one is younger). Things are appropriate until they are not. The future just ain't what it used to be (no way of knowing for certain, REGARDLESS of your best efforts to evaluate a purchase such as this, how well and for how long your decision will hold up).

Impulse buying can be exhilarating, while long-drawn-out purchases (nearing analysis-paralysis) are anything but. It's a lot about spending one's time and energy: spend it up-front before purchase or spend it later post-purchase.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #15  
When I bought my RTV-1100 a few years back it was through a discussion with the dealer, with a set of tracks as well. He didn't have one I wanted in stock, found one in Texas to bring to Minnesota. I was in no hurry to receive it, was in beginning process to build a garage, where it was to be stored. (unrelated to this purchase) About two weeks after we agreed to terms on the RTV, no paperwork just verbal, the builder forgot to include $45k of spancrete into my garage quote, and let me know four days before the excavation was to start. I cancelled the project, and had no where to store my RTV. I needed a higher garage door for the UTV with tracks, it was to be stored two hours from my home unattended.

I felt terrible but called the dealer and asked to cancel my agreed-to purchase, he was very understanding. He said he would have no issue selling it once it came in. Well, I slept restless for the next two nights. Felt horrible. Called him up on day 3, and told him I'd take it and figure something out. He told me it wasn't necessary, but I felt it was. Found a neighbor who traveled south for the winter and he allowed me to keep the RTV in his home garage for the first winter. Ended up purchasing land, and built a pole barn. All worked out perfect in the end.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #16  
I recently purchased my first tractor. I went through the same process-deal was made with a handshake and signed the paperwork upon receipt. During the time I was waiting for delivery, I had buyer's remorse as well. Did I spend too much? Should I have gone with another brand? Is it big enough? Is it too big? And so on...

I did my due diligence in researching the brands and dealers. I got what I believed was a good deal. When I received my tractor and started using it, all the buyer's remorse disappeared and I'm very happy with my purchase.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #17  
Tractor your thinking about from the same dealer? if so talk to them.
This.

If they ordered a mmm for you so they've invested in you. And you gave them the order to do it, good faith on their part and should be equally good on your part.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT
Don't know what you're after. o_O

On one hand, you say you're a weak person (fell for the sales pitch) and then say your word means nothing to you. I don't get it. YOU have to decide if you want the tractor and where you'll get it serviced/repaired. No one here can bail you out. 😏
I 'Fell" for nothing and it was just a thought while I was waiting and looking on the forum.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT
I recently purchased my first tractor. I went through the same process-deal was made with a handshake and signed the paperwork upon receipt. During the time I was waiting for delivery, I had buyer's remorse as well. Did I spend too much? Should I have gone with another brand? Is it big enough? Is it too big? And so on...

I did my due diligence in researching the brands and dealers. I got what I believed was a good deal. When I received my tractor and started using it, all the buyer's remorse disappeared and I'm very happy with my purchase.
Some seem to not be reading the IF & NOT part and seeing this as merely a hypothetical post.

Last edited:
   / I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #20  
My dealer would not care. He sells inventory very quickly.

The bigger issue is you and how you feel about yourself.

BTW, I am going through the same issue but with a ZT. Placed the order over a week ago...verbal agreement. I keep thinking "I do not need a $5500 mower". Normal to wonder WTF am I doing. I will complete the purchase. Looked for a long time and I picked a good machine and a good dealer. Wanted to stay in the $4000-4500 range but I get a lot more machine for the extra $$. At 70 it will be my last mower so spending another $100/yr seems insignificant. And if I do not make it to 85, it won't matter anyway.