I hate to see this...

/ I hate to see this... #111  
I have never ventured north, or east of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and as pretty as I’m sure the countryside is I’m not so sure I would enjoy much of the population……

/ I hate to see this... #112  
I drove across NY one day on a sunny spring/summer day. I thought the area around Binghampton, NY was absolutely beautiful.

Lots of beauty in NY .... but high rise buildings maybe not so. 😃
The Clintons vacationed near here twice while Bill was in office. The first time, he made a speech at a fund raiser, calling the area "spectacularly beautiful."
It's the only thing I've ever heard him say that I agree with...

/ I hate to see this... #113  
Saw this on my FB feed today. Sure, start them out young, but don't turn a 5 year old loose on a zero turn mower. I'm surprised he weighs enough to activate the seat cut off switch, unless dad bypassed that. These are not toys. Once he's a little older, a little more mature, and can actually reach all the controls, get him some hearing protection and get him mowing.

View attachment 863898
Nope,unless he was on a totally flat piece with no ponds,roads or low obstructions and even then with at least 10hrs of being with him and teaching him but still this isnt 1970 kids growing up on a farm with no choice,quick story:a friend that owns a lawn care company had a neighbor 70years old that admired his zero's and asked if he bought one would he show him how to use it,he did,next day the guy that taught him found him under his deck basically broke him backwards dead like a kid with a xmas gocart under a truck bumper

/ I hate to see this... #114  
I think some of y’all are missing the point - this isn’t a tractor where you can be on the side step to help them when something goes wrong. As far as safety, it’s all good until it’s not, then it’s the ER or worse … the morgue. Every Summer you read about how some child falls off a ridding mower and gets into the blades. If the dad has bypassed the seat switch, imagine what is going to happen if the kid gets spooked and tries to exit the mower.
Not to mention the backlash from removing a safety and killing your child

/ I hate to see this... #115  
I’m pretty sure most of the Nancy’s haven’t considered the fact that the photo was a “photo op”. Nothing more nothing less.
A proud parent and a proud mower owner, taking a picture that amused them……

/ I hate to see this... #116  
I’m pretty sure most of the Nancy’s haven’t considered the fact that the photo was a “photo op”. Nothing more nothing less.
A proud parent and a proud mower owner, taking a picture that amused them……
Or is the more appropriate term…. Karen’s, I can never keep track.

/ I hate to see this... #117  
Saw this on my FB feed today. Sure, start them out young, but don't turn a 5 year old loose on a zero turn mower. I'm surprised he weighs enough to activate the seat cut off switch, unless dad bypassed that. These are not toys. Once he's a little older, a little more mature, and can actually reach all the controls, get him some hearing protection and get him mowing.

View attachment 863898
Couple of points.
You can't trust Social Media
It doesn't appear to be spewing out cut grass
Farming accidents involving children are far more frequent than you might guess.
You can't fix stupid.
Stupid people vote, procreate and home school.

/ I hate to see this... #118  
I have visited most of the states in the union, and I’m always happy to return to Indiana
Substitute New Hampshire and I could say the same thing. Did a lot of business travel in the 70s & 80s, and discovered a lot of places that did absolutely nothing for me.
I drove across NY one day on a sunny spring/summer day. I thought the area around Binghampton, NY was absolutely beautiful.
Rt. 17 from Binghamton to the Pa. line is a very pretty drive. Even though it takes a bit longer than taking the thruway, it's worth it when we do a road trip.

/ I hate to see this... #119  
We had a Case Vac 14 and my Dad built a box for the top of the 3pt disc. When we were small we sat on the box, my Dad would stop and we would pick up the rocks, we would get a penny for each.

I remember driving the Case when I was young, I had to slide off of the seat to reach the peddles.

My Dad had a 44XL drop block, it would shoot .410 shotshells (I think it had to be rebored to do that). My younger brother at the age of 6 used to go hunting by himself with it.

/ I hate to see this... #120  
Couple of points.
You can't trust Social Media
It doesn't appear to be spewing out cut grass
Farming accidents involving children are far more frequent than you might guess.
You can't fix stupid.
Stupid people vote, procreate and home school.

Care to expand on this? I don't recall seeing the topic brought up prior.