I haven't seen one of these in a while

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #21  
When I was an Asst. Grocery Mgr., we caught a not-so-retired faculty member shoplifting...of all things, bar soap and candy bars. His excuse? Groceries were just too high! Shoplifting was a real problem in that store though; everyone from housewives stealing baby items to grade schoolers stealing cigarettes.

Jim, one of my former colleagues, -- brilliant but eccentric -- was banned from a grocery store in Clemson. For some reason, he got mad and rammed his shopping cart into an endcap, toppling the contents on to the floor.

Several of us were traveling back from the Atlanta airport late at night. We stopped at a fast food restaurant on I-85 to use the restroom and to buy drinks and snacks, I was behind Jim when he ordered. After placing his order, he asked the young lady behind the counter -- "Can a tattooed lady go to heaven"? She was taken aback. :)

Steve

Last edited:
   / I haven't seen one of these in a while #22  
You're supposed to fill it will peanut butter.... ;)

We threw coins in the urinal to see which teacher fished them out (Teacher pay was lousy in the 60s).

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #23  
When I was an Asst. Grocery Mgr., we caught a not-so-retired faculty member shoplifting...of all things, bar soap and candy bars. His excuse? Groceries were just too high! Shoplifting was a real problem in that store though; everyone from housewives stealing baby items to grade schoolers stealing cigarettes.

Yep, as a police officer, I had some experience with a lot of shoplifters and I can tell you they come from all walks of life, the very wealthy to the very poor, all ages, all races, and both sexes. Some need the money, some just want the excitement of trying to not get caught, and some . . . . well, who knows why?

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #24  
Jim, one of my former colleagues, -- brilliant but eccentric -- was banned from a grocery store in Clemson. For some reason, he got mad and rammed his shopping cart into an endcap, toppling the contents on to the floor.

Several of us were traveling back from the Atlanta airport late at night. We stopped at a fast food restaurant on I-85 to use the restroom and to buy drinks and snacks, I was behind Jim when he ordered. After placing his order, he asked the young lady behind the counter -- "Can a tattooed lady go to heaven"? She was taken aback. :)

Steve

I would really like to know the answer...;)

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #25  
You know you're getting old when you remember using them:laughing: Used both rotoary and keypad:D

Outside a restaurant where I went to eat. Asked the waitress if they worked, she didn't know. They don't.

View attachment 553772
My uncle was successful with a peanut machine business (kept them in bars). He rolled that into pay phones and did well. Around the time I remember 1800-collect commercials being big and cell phones just starting, he sold it for big money. Whoever bought that got royally messed over! Unless they needed a good way to show a big loss in earnings.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #26  
I would really like to know the answer...;)

That's a question that theologians have been debating for centuries. ;)

I now see what to me are otherwise attractive young (and some not so young) ladies festooned with tattoos.

Do any of you find tattoos on "the ladies" becoming? Perhaps I am now officially an "old fogey.":eek:

Steve

Last edited:
   / I haven't seen one of these in a while #27  
That's a question that theologians have been debating for centuries. ;)

I now see what to me are otherwise attractive young (and some not so young) ladies festooned with tattoos.

Do any of you find tattoos on "the ladies" becoming? Perhaps I am now officially an "old fogey.":eek:

Steve

For the most part I do not appreciate the tattoo's on ladies, but we do see more and more of them. I don't mind a small inconspicuous one like a rose on an ankle or something like that. But when their arms are covered in blue ink like and old sea dog, no, not so much. A few days ago an otherwise attractive young lady waited on us, and her arms were covered with tats. She seemed very nice. It makes you wonder why they would want to do that.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #28  
I've seen what young women who get tats look like 30 years down the road. It is not pretty! I'm convinced that a lot (not all) of our young people today only think about tomorrow and give no thought to future planning of any kind (tats, relationships (i.e. facebook), finances, etc.)

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #29  
I've seen what young women who get tats look like 30 years down the road. It is not pretty! I'm convinced that a lot (not all) of our young people today only think about tomorrow and give no thought to future planning of any kind (tats, relationships (i.e. facebook), finances, etc.)

Seems like thinking about tomorrow is better than my peers, when we were young.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #30  
Tats and ugly dang piercings. That is about all you see anymore on otherwise very attractive young people. They say they are being themselves and independent. If that is the case, why do they all look alike? Guess I am just to old to understand. Oh, and why is everyone shaving their heads?