I might buy a Shato BUCK

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #41  
I might have to disagree with that, I've had one of each. I bought the CCW mower without knowing it was a CCW. I couldn't keep the blades on because the blade bolts kept backing out. Luckily I still had Dad's old deck which was in bad shape from rust and warpage. I took the spindles off the old deck and put them on the CCW deck and that stopped that problem. The big pulleys on the PTO shaft were the same size and the belt was B-124 for both. I've changed a bunch of them. The idler and tightener pulleys were the same too but oriented backward for the CCW. Didn't seem to matter.

I did just the opposite, I bought a regular RM48 and kept loosing blades mowing the ditchlines.. this was when I first got my tractor and didn't know there was such thing as CCW pto.

I would disagree with that. My RM48 has a sticker on the frame (A Woods sticker, original) that says for Kubota and Satoh to use PTO speed #2. The manual for it also lists this. The pulley/flywheel is almost the same size as the interior of the housing of the guard.

those were for the CCW ptos. The CCW woods mowers (RM42, RM48, and RM59 all ended with a K) K stood for the Kubota model (B6000) that also had a CCW PTO. The Flywheel on these models were about half half the diameter of a standard woods 540 PTO mower. They were designed for the second pto speed like you mentioned.

Basically,if the flyweel on the mower (what the pto shaft hooks to) is almost the size of the gaurd, it is a 540 rpm unit, if it is a smaller flywheel that only takes up about half of the guard then it is a 8-900 pto rpm

THis is what a dealer had told me. He sold both the Satoh beavers, beaver 3, and the bucks back in the day. the mower I got from him was off an old beaver (CCW) that he had sold new. this one is an RM59 though. he was the one that said the main flywheel size was the first indication of the CCW and meant for the 2nd pto speed.

Now, I did repaint mine, but it had the satoh/kubota sticker on it. Notice how much smaller the flywheel is?

0206f25c.jpg

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #42  
That housing looks bigger than the RM-48. The pulley might be the same. We used to be able to look up a list of RM-48's and many others on the Woods site. That's gone now. There were many versions of the RM-48 and I wish that stuff was still available. Some manuals online seemed to have more info than others and it helped to print several pages from others. Your loader postings and other stuff is very good. Thanks for sharing!

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #43  
The belt is a B-124 anywhere you go.

Ya, Mine has the larger flywheel.. and mine also has a metal tag that says RM48-YM.
Which reminds me.. I need a belt for that model. Anyone know a cross to a Napa, or some other after market.?

I also just the other day bought a 42" bush hog for it. I'm mowing about 3-4ft tall grass. It works great.
But It feels like I could have gotten away with a 48".. Other then front weight.! I need front weight.! :mad:

Thou, I'd like to find a sickle bar mower instead like a 7ft... 10aces with a 42" bush hog will take me all summer! lol Evan do you think the buck would run
a 7ft sickle bar ok?

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #44  
That housing looks bigger than the RM-48. The pulley might be the same. We used to be able to look up a list of RM-48's and many others on the Woods site. That's gone now. There were many versions of the RM-48 and I wish that stuff was still available. Some manuals online seemed to have more info than others and it helped to print several pages from others. Your loader postings and other stuff is very good. Thanks for sharing!

ok, now that makes sense. maybe becasue this was an RM59K it uses a larger housing cover? I know on a regular RM59 the pulley is about twice the diameter. and only meant for 540 rpm

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK
Buck-Bush hog1.jpg

My new 42" Bush Hog

0701111235a.jpg
You can kind of see the Flywheel in this pic..
Thou the pic is too small

mike, Sorry I just now saw this post..
I will get the tire size.. but actually wouldn't recommend that size front. Mine rubs on a bracket under the frontend, bad enough to actually stop the tire from turning. I'd go smaller..

4.50 x 10
Cheng Seng Or something like that.
Actually, My tractor has a bracket under it, that I don't see in you guys pics.. I'm not sure why its there or what it does.
If you double click on my pic 2 posts up, and make it larger you can see some of the bracket, its also has 2 arms that go from front to back.. the whole length of the
tractor. Anyone.??

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #48  
DSavage, That bracket is not on my Buck, it could be for a snow plow or loader. I don't have either. My Buck is 4WD.

DSavage, That bracket is not on my Buck, it could be for a snow plow or loader. I don't have either. My Buck is 4WD.

Ya I do have a 54" snow plow. Seems a bit of overkill for that. As you can see here, the brackets that hang down, then 2 more brackets run all the way to the back.
tractor3.jpg

/ I might buy a Shato BUCK #50  
Ya I do have a 54" snow plow. Seems a bit of overkill for that. As you can see here, the brackets that hang down, then 2 more brackets run all the way to the back.
View attachment 277194

It is a dozer blade, meant for dirt or snow and was built by Blackhawk. You could get it with or without springs (snow use). It had the thick subframe just like yours does. I've seen a couple on beaver 3's that looked the same