I need some input on roll around tool boxes

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
It's time to purchase a new roll cab tool box and upper as well. My ancient Waterloo double box has seen better days and I'm candidly out of room. I have one roll around just for SAE tools and another smaller one for Metric.

Been looking at the Harbor Freight Icon and US General tool boxes as well as the ones at Menards. Not gonna buy a tool truck Snap On or MAC box, just too expensive for me.

I need some input as to quality and personal experiences. I like the US General Series 2 boxes in Kubota orange naturally.

Don't want to take out a second mortgage for a tool box but I don't mind paying a couple grand for them either.

Input please???

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #2  
We got a US General 30" 5-drawer from Harbour Freight for the stables. We keep tools and misc horse equipment in it. I was surprised at how heavy it was when I put it together. The latches have held up fine and it gets opened quite frequently. I wouldn't hesitate a bit at getting another one.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #3  
I've got the HF series 2 44" base box with 15" side cabinet and it fit the need! Price was right and plenty of room. Have a series 1 26c top and bottom that I've had for more then 10 years! Slides haven't given me any issues. There Icon series is on the same level as the big name boxes with much better pricing. Any more boxes will be HF for sure!

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes
I almost fainted over the Snap On tool truck price for a new just lower box. I certainly don't need anything that high buck, guess you pay to have the 'Snap On' name on the front. I read somewhere that the Icon drawers will interchange with the Snap On drawers.

US general is fine with me and I see HF gives a zero percent finance charge on them if you hold one of their credit cards, which I do.

My old Waterloo has been good for 30 years but it's just getting worn out from use. Thousands of drawer openings and closings and the lid hinge is crapping out too.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes
I do wonder if HF will deliver the US General boxes like they do with the Icon's? I know Menards will deliver them to your door.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #6  
Mine was delivered to our farm. I added the biggest one to the cart and it showed $96 for shipping.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #7  
I almost fainted over the Snap On tool truck price for a new just lower box. I certainly don't need anything that high buck, guess you pay to have the 'Snap On' name on the front. I read somewhere that the Icon drawers will interchange with the Snap On drawers.

US general is fine with me and I see HF gives a zero percent finance charge on them if you hold one of their credit cards, which I do.

My old Waterloo has been good for 30 years but it's just getting worn out from use. Thousands of drawer openings and closings and the lid hinge is crapping out too.
Have you asked the snapon guy about the used trade in boxes he has?, most have a mini warehouse full, they start to pile up and often can be gotten at a great deal, especially the one side with scratches or small dents in a panel.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #8  
I like multiple small cabinets instead of a huge one.

Bruce

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #9  
Of all the cheap chinesium stuff in HF, there's not a thing wrong with their boxes. I think US general is the line that I've looked at, this was before they introduced the supposedly fancy line. I have the same roll around 5? drawer as in post#2 and give it a high recommendation also.