I suck: Mice!

/ I suck: Mice! #21  
One word..... CATS

Never an issue here, we have barn cats. I might get paw prints on the hood but darn sight better than chewed wiring or chit on seats... Good hunter cat is worth it's weight in gold.

Totally agree....even when you have your shed built....you will still have rats.....we have two shop cats with a cat door.....I have a mole...mouse...rat...bird....shrew almost everyday......they keep the riff rat out!

/ I suck: Mice! #22  
A vote for Bait Blocks here. I've tried moth balls and store bought repellant. Neither worked for me but bait blocks do, you just have to be vigilant about putting them out about twice per year.

I've been told to get cats but I love our song birds and our neighbor is a pheasants forever member. After discussing outdoor cats with him, I decided against it.

Kevin

/ I suck: Mice! #24  

Tomcat Mouse/Rat with Bromethalin Bait Chunx 4 lb Pail​

$24.99

/ I suck: Mice! #25  
One word..... CATS

Never an issue here, we have barn cats. I might get paw prints on the hood but darn sight better than chewed wiring or chit on seats... Good hunter cat is worth it's weight in gold.
I would love to have barn cats. We have tried many, but they don’t last. Great horned owls get them.

/ I suck: Mice! #26  
I would love to have barn cats. We have tried many, but they don’t last. Great horned owls get them.

Teach the owls to hunt rats or shoot them...then get a cat.

/ I suck: Mice! #28  
One word..... CATS

You beat me to it. Our cat hangs out under the tractor that is parked in an open shed.
I frequently see him prancing off with a rodent in his mouth.:)

/ I suck: Mice! #29  
Cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil, then placed inside of a water bottle, stab the water bottle a few times with a knife. Then I hang the water bottles from various areas inside the engine compartment. Seems to work very well and lasts for a whole winter (I also use this method on my boat. Found a mouse nest the first winter. Have not had any problems in 4 years since I adopted this method). The problem with bait/poison is that it attracts them. Once poisoned, mice/rats become desperate for water and chew through anything with liquid in search of a drink. Fuel lines, antifreeze lines, etc. I'd stay away from baiting them. I've even seen them chew through the side of a hand sanitizer bottle and they apparently drank the sanitizer. I guess when you're dying of poison you will take what you can get. Yuck.

Edit: I originally said moth balls soaked in peppermint oil. Corrected to say COTTON balls.

Last edited:
   / I suck: Mice! #30