I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #131  
ive had 2 paypal transactions reversed on me (on items i sold on ebay) , and i never saw a dime. so i know it can be done. i use the paypal card reader for my business, and have had no issues in many years. ive run about $480,000 thru it in the past 6 years according to my records. i know if i use the chip reader my transaction is protected. so i stick with that.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #132  
I've used Escrow.com at least 6 times, and it is as smooth as can be. Anything more than a few K, if its not cash, its Escrow. Happy to split the fee. A 20K sale is only 200.00 fee, worth every penny. I use it personally both ways, sell and buy.

A couple people were hesitant at first, until I explained its in all our interests. Frankly I prefer it over cash who knows where that cash has been or if its really real.

When buying, it allows you to 'park' the cash, then assign and release it. Lessons the worry of being bopped on the head as well. o_O

jimho ymmv

Max

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #133  
I have used escrow or have a direct bank transfer performed while I and the buyer stand at my bank waiting for confirmation. I restore vehicles, when I have time, and have used this method for anything over 5K.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #134  
and what stops you from selling the tractor to someone else while accepting my check, that's my issue there is no protection for the buyer either, especially if your not planning to buy in person...

would you be willing to split a escrow service fee?

I'm not sure what im going to do, due to covid i don't travel right now. think thats going to kill this for me.
Sure, escrow with my attorney is a preferable option. Split a fee is no problem. Write the atty escrow act a check, wait till it clears and the atty empties the account and all is good to go.

Not sure if buyer or seller keeps up insurance but it would seem buyer should get their own insurance. Most policies give a grace period after you but something but before you notify them of the purchase Sao maybe the works.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #135  
I just bought a car out of state, PA in fact, met at his bank, verified that the wire transfer went through after inspecting the car, signed and noterized the title, drove the owner back to his house, shook hands and left with the car. This was set up at our banks before I flew out of ND, I have no idea how this could have gone bad. The money was verified into his account.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #136  
When we bought our used motorhome, about a two-hour drive away, we drove up and did the inspection, came home and did some research, called the seller and negotiated a price. Made an appointment with the seller to meet at his bank, and took cash - had to arrange for the cash a couple of days ahead, as our credit union limits immediate cash withdrawls. Met him at the manager's desk, bank verified the currency and deposited in seller's account, and we left with the title and the motorhome. Both of us have CCW permits, and both were carrying.

That was a bit over $30k - more cash than I am usually comfortable carrying. I've bought and sold many times for less than $10K, and not been too stressed about it. I would have been OK with meeting this particular seller at his home, but he was more comfortable with his bank - he didn't want to have to carry that much cash. Worked out easily for everyone.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #137  
For those of you who carry large amounts of cash to make a purchase - I reference the web link and applicable paragraphs below. In the recent past, most of us have learned how distrustful police can be. In small towns, money confiscated is used to fund the police departments. I didn't read all 14 pages of comments, and hope I've not duplicated someone else's warnings related to this issue.
Banks can bounce a check 30 and more days after that check has been deposited.
Best is to cause the buyer to have (open) an account at a nearby bank. When the funds are present at THAT bank, meet the buyer for buyer to get a cashier's check and hand it to you - while you are both at that bank.

If you're arrested, all of your belongings will be inventoried at the jail. But whether you'll get everything back is the question.

Under federal and state laws, law enforcement officers can seize property, including cash, if the money is earned from or used to commit a crime. The seizure is known as "forfeiture," and it's done without compensation to the owner. If police have reason to believe that you are involved in certain illegal activities, such as selling drugs, they can seize any property you have on you, including cash. In short, you might lose the cash if there's evidence that it was the proceeds of an illegal activity. Police are not permitted to seize property simply because the driver committed a traffic violation, but the fact that you are carrying a lot of cash can raise suspicion that you might be involved in other crimes.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #138  
Being a 60+ year old schoolteachers with reasonable personal grooming and concealed carry permits seems to calm the California cops. We also don't flash the cash. Now if you look like Cheech or Chong, are dragging mufflers, fenders, or bumpers, trailing oil or smoke, and have a pile of loose hundreds in the car - well, you're probably not going to have a nice day.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #139  
I sold a car a while back, Asked the buyer who his bank was. Met him at a branch of his bank near me and had him draw out cash and give it to me. Handed him the title. Immediately went to the teller and had a bank check issued in my name. Safe for him. Safe for me.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #140  
I sold a car a while back, Asked the buyer who his bank was. Met him at a branch of his bank near me and had him draw out cash and give it to me. Handed him the title. Immediately went to the teller and had a bank check issued in my name. Safe for him. Safe for me.
That only works if you happen to live nearby the buyer.
Not likely with an E-Bay sale.