Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #1  

jcmaurice6

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1734E
I have a Massey Ferguson 1734E (compact 34hp), it come with a small tool box near the back of the bench, but it was too small and was in conflict with the bench of my backhoe. I arrange a bigger one on a new bracket attach lower on the tractor. But now is in conflict with the snow blower. So I remove it again. I also need a place for chains and chainsaw. Is it possible to have a picture of some arrangement for toll box and chain saw holder that is original and not in conflict with different type of attachments?
Thanks for help!

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #2  
I don't have a loader, and admittedly, this is a bigger tractor, but I made a chain box out of a Harbor Freight ammo box and attached it to my front weight bracket.

20161227_133543.jpg20161227_133556.jpg20161227_133604.jpg

Looking at pictures of your model tractor, I'd consider mounting a box on the front where the grill guard mounts.

View attachment 493639

I've seen pictures of chainsaw mounts that clamp to the ROPS.

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #3  
I made my saw box so I could take it off the tractor w/o the use of tools. That way I can take it off easily when it is in the way. Not the kind of box everyone wants but it may give you an idea.

Put a bracket on the rops

SawBox2.JPG

Added a plywood shelf shaped to lock in

SawBox3.JPG

Then a tool box that sets down between the rops for all my logging stuff with two saw scabbards. The seat is flipped forward to make it easier to see.

SawBox4.JPG

SawBox5.JPG

SawBox7.JPG

Tractor1.JPG

gg

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #4  
I made these quick 2 years ago for my dad, just to see how they'd work.
I still haven't redone them to make them look nice.
tapatalk_1448931282086.jpeg20151222_120707.jpg
bd394a0483665157bc1aebcbe0683093.jpg

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #6  
I made my saw box so I could take it off the tractor w/o the use of tools. That way I can take it off easily when it is in the way. Not the kind of box everyone wants but it may give you an idea.

Put a bracket on the rops

View attachment 493645

View attachment 493646

Then a tool box that sets down between the rops for all my logging stuff with two saw scabbards. The seat is flipped forward to make it easier to see.

View attachment 493647

View attachment 493648

View attachment 493649

View attachment 493650

gg

Nice setup there Gordon. Talked to you B4 about meeting up with you to check out that grapple. I am in NY just outside of Bennington.

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #7  
ammo box! it is that latch that is very important on them, and then how the lid overall closes. any other tool boxes. will most likely vibrate apart and crack. or in my case, leave a trail of tools across the entire property and hidden in grass. because box came open.

goto google and type in...

tool box site:tractorbynet.com

the "site:tractorbynet.com" without quotes. search just this website.

click up on images. and you should get a lot of images back.

==============
some folks have mounted 4" pipe on the FEL (front end loader) bucket, with test plugs, to screw on end caps. to generic end cap. that was grinded down on inside of cap. and then a pin dropped through cap and pipe to hold it.

most rear tire fenders on tractors (plastic) need extra mount to mount something to a fender.

1.5" up to 6" pipe. with a end cap on bottom. can work nice to toss long handle tools into (shovels) some folks have used them to toss chain into as well.

my personal favorite is 5 gallon buckets. find a spot to toss handle over a hook. and use it to carry some tools back and forth between shed and tractor, then tractor and job site.

saftey issues with messing with roll bar. folks have used the roll bar on tractor a lot. mounting Hooks, on each side of roll bar. facing the back. to toss shovels on. or putting a bar across it, and coming off the bar with some hooks for chains. ((doh doh doh)) getting nailed in head by chains. fishing pole holder setup with some straps on both sides of roll bar.

pending on your "step" to tractor. you might be able to remove the step and install a tool box. (larger tractors yes, smaller most likely not)

if you have a FEL (front end loader), you might be able to come off the supports that are near the steering wheel. and swing a tool box out one bracket (think side view mirror on a vehicle but tool box). or put a pipe holder vs tool box and zip tie it to the FEL supports.

if no FEL. you might see if there are "side weights" or "mounting holes" on the frame work around the engine sides.

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #8  
I also made a toolbox out of an ammo can. I don't have an FEL so I built a bracket to bolt up to where the FEL would usually mount on one side. You could incorporate your chainsaw holder here as well.

Attachments

• chains.JPG
    chains.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 998
   / Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #9  
How about a tool box for a chain saw , fuel, oil, ax, and what ever else, plus a weight box for the skid loader forks. IMG_0619.JPGIMG_0620.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0630.JPG

/ Idea for tools box and chainsaw holder #10  
I needed a weight box and a place to carry chains where they were easy to get to... not nearly as elegant as Bigtyme's box, but then, I am not elegant, either. I can add or remove rock as needed, which I think is good, and carry stuff when it's not full of rock.

P1010910.jpg P1010909.jpg