Ideas for cannon ball extraction?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #11  
cool cannon

I 'haven't yet read through all the other responses, but before I forget my thoughts and have to rush off ... if you budged the cannon ball when it was air sealed - what about using some spray foam insulation to make it air tight again ?, and then repeat your budging efforts while letting it roll down towards ground. gravity is a great tool

I don't know, but I think super glue would make it worse - just my thought

going back now to read what others have suggested :) I have to keep editing as I get new ideas

does the cannon itself come apart in sections ? could you remove the "butt" end, and see the cannon ball from the back side ?

pour Coca Cola down the barrel to remove rust ???

Last edited:
   / Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #12  
If I missed this information, I apologize:
What's the composition of the barrel?
Was it a real battle cannon or is a replica?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #13  
strong vacuum?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #14  
Cannon worm is a good option.

Could heat it up some and see if that would free it up, gonna be there a long time with a weed burner though.

Another option may be filling the chamber with water then pressurizing the water, it wont blow past like water, also won't launch the ball if it does catch because water will not compress behind the ball and build pressure like air.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #15  
Is that a solid ball or is it filled with powder?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #17  
Looks like some kind of hole in the ball inside the bore posted by the OP. That's what made me ask what this really is.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #18  
Repeated dropping of the cannon nose on a block if wood might help. (after you clean the bore) The ball's inertia & gravity will get it out.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #19  
I am with the gravity and vibration suggestions. Load the cannon onto a trailer, strap it down so as not to damage it. Tilt the barrel down, then tow the trailer up and down some rough roads. The vibration and gravity may loosen the ball so it rolls out on its own. Be sure you have something to catch and trap the cannonball if it does roll out while towing. Cleaning and lubricating the barrel first won’t hurt. An old trailer without springs would probably do the job.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #20  
Looks like some kind of hole in the ball inside the bore posted by the OP. That's what made me ask what this really is.
It should have two holes, each on opposite sides, to indicate it's an iron ball.