Ideas for cannon ball extraction?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #131  
if the Op wants to resolve this issue, he has long abandoned this thread. Lots of expensive or bad ideas (mine included). There are a lot of smart folks here but the reason for these rotten ideas is because it truly is a difficult problem to solve. It would be a great question to ask if you were interviewing an engineer or a problem solver but sucks if you happen to own the problem.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #132  
…. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

lawsuit? How so? Who sues whom? Person who does what some internet forum member says? I doubt that. Else there would be no such forums.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #134  
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been recommended.

Can you somehow use a pressure washer in the flash hole?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #135  
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been recommended.

Can you somehow use a pressure washer in the flash hole?
We do not have that power.
been suggested….
lol

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #136  
At this stage (depending on how close the ball is), get a cheap harbor freight drill, bore through the ball, run a toggle bolt on threaded rod through it attached to a slide hammer & whack away to extract. The lead will deform & allow the ball to pass. THEN use a cylinder Hone on extension to clean everything up.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #138  
I was making a point that if he takes all the time to read these ideas, he won't have time to actually work on it. It was in jest for pete's sake!
Who is pete? 😆

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #140  
I bought a bit and some toggle bolts the other day, then I found a bit I had that was roughly 5/8 but more important, maybe 12/15" long... started looking for my extension, and when I found it, noticed it had a wood boring bit.

So, I've got a wood boring bit (the kind that pulls itself into the wood) Milwaukee 1/2" right angle drill and an extension that just happens to let all this work.

The ball at one point, rotated WITH the bit. So the ball was rotating in the bore. I'm feeling this is good as it's not bound. So I start pulling the bit out. I get shavings crawling up the extension then...

The ball is still stuck in the bore BUT it's much closer to the exit.
Since the bit is embedded into the ball and this is a tractor forum .....

Stand the big brass boomer boomer on the hind end, supported appropriately. Secure the chuck back onto the bit ... drill motor not needed. Lash a chain or steel cable around the bit, below the chuck. Hook the other end to your FEL and lift. Assuming the big brass boomer weighs slightly more than the small, apparently lead ball .....