Identification/Serial Number Tags

/ Identification/Serial Number Tags #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
While I'm working to restore my Massey 135 tractor, I'd also like to replace the engine identification and serial number tags with new ones.

The serial number tag is located on the side of the battery support box and was easy to remove because it was attached with 4 small phillips head screws. I've located a appropriate new replacement serial number tag that matches the old one, but I need to find a place that can copy the serial number from the old tag and engrave it into the new one.

The engine identification tag is attached to the engine block with 4 rivets but I'm not certain how to remove them. I'll have to look at it again to be certain, but I believe the engine identification tag also has numbers which will need to be copied from the old one and engraved into the new one.

Does anyone know how to remove the engine identification tag rivets and/or get identification tag numbers engraved?

/ Identification/Serial Number Tags #2  
G'day I have been able to get a small screwdriver under the head of those rivets and have pried them up, but as to a replacement tag sorry no idea where you would go for that

Jon

/ Identification/Serial Number Tags
Well, it looks like I spoke too soon about having located replacement identification tags/data plates. The source I mentioned only has the data plate for the Continental Z-134 engine, and no longer has the serial number plate in stock. This may be more difficult than I had originally thought.

If anyone knows a source for reproduction serial number and engine identification data plates for a 1966 Massey 135 tractor with a Continental Z-145 gasoline 4 cylinder engine, please let me know.

Serial Plate:
f224j6.jpg

Engine Plate:
s5gy1x.jpg