If you run out of gas ...

/ If you run out of gas ... #1  

ohbehave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 (2012)
Are there any special steps to take if you run out of gas?

That is, are there any kind of priming sorts of things or other steps after refilling the tank and turning the key?

/ If you run out of gas ... #2  
I have a 2620 and the manual infers that priming/bleeding is automatic. Guess that means that the injectors will bleed off the air into/thru the cylinders until it fires. Like I said, I'm guessing. I also fill the tank after every use so hopefully I won't have to find out the hard way

/ If you run out of gas ... #3  
What are you refering to?? Diesel tractor? What model? Car? You say gas...not diesel...

/ If you run out of gas ...
brand new Kubota L3200....sorry! newbie mistake

/ If you run out of gas ... #5  
#1, dont run your tractor out of diesel fuel and you will avoid the problem. When it gets low, fill it up. My manual shows to loosen a bleed screw on the injection pump. Don't know how this works, as I have never run out of diesel. Philip.

/ If you run out of gas ... #6  
Look in your manual regarding changing the fuel filter. My L3400 has a bleed valve that you open up and then crank. Running out of fuel would be the same as changing the filter. Either way you get air into the system.

I fill the filter bowl when I install it but sometimes I still need to bleed it.

/ If you run out of gas ... #7  
My Kioti has a priming mechanism that acts as a pump. It's located at the fuel filter housing. Check your manual, you might have something similar.

/ If you run out of gas ...
"Check your manual"

Have you guys been talking to my mother??? ha
:D

/ If you run out of gas ... #9  
You have a bleed screw on your tractor and it's adequately described and pictured in the owner's manual. PHILIP8N is 100% right---simply don't run out of fuel. It's that easy. Also, try to get the phrase "diesel" in your fueling lingo so some poor sap down the road doesn't get confused and fill it with gas. Whole 'nother learning experience there.
Bleeding your fuel system should take maybe 10 minutes with 9 devoted to reading and understanding what to do and one minute actually doing it. Post an update so we know how you did. And yes, we may be consulting with mom. :laughing:

/ If you run out of gas ... #10  
Oh Boy! The first rule of any diesel engine is to NEVER run out of fuel. Always start with the tank full and monitor your use and you will not have this problem.