Illegal deer hunting?

/ Illegal deer hunting? #61  
I don't agree with many things you say Piney but I like your description of field dressing and will take it a step or two futhur. For optimum quality of meat,the carcass should be put in a cooler soon as possible and stay there 48-72 hours before cutting up and freezeing. Ppen raised pork is somewhat the exception and is as tasty the day it's slaughtered,,,,, unless it's an intact male,in which case nothing will make it fit to eat. To my surprise,I've ate meat from wild boars that had no boar taint at all. It might turn your stomach to see a prime beef carcass the day before it's finally processed. Back to piney's reccomendations on field dressing,people that talk about foul tasting venison have usually ate some that spoiled from lack of refrigeration. The finest whitetail hunting in Texas is between Uvalde and Laredo which is 6-8 hours from Dallas and temperatures are often in the 80s. Many deer hang in a tree 2 days then ride home in the bed of a truck or strapped on the roof of a car. Sometimes it doesn't end there. With a deer quartered and on ice,I once began feeling ill on the way home and decided to drop the deer off at a processor's. The man up front checked me in,collected fee and told me to drive around back where they were processing. There was a pile of deer about 10 feet across and 6 feet high laying on the floor. Amoungest the few visiable on outside of pile,I could see 2 that looked to have taken several hits to various parts of their body,a few gut shot and some that had never been gutted. I then realized why I was asked to pay in advance. The guy cheerfully gave my money back and I went on my way. Had my animal still been wearing his hide and been added to the pile,one of two things would have happened. The guy with a deer at bottom of pile would have got my meat and I would have got his,,,,,,about 2 weeks later when it was finally uncovered,,,,,or,,,,,his animal would have layed at bottom of pile for 2 weeks before he got it back. :vomit::ill:

/ Illegal deer hunting? #62  
Then you oppose catch and release fishing, too.

That’s for people who don’t want to kill the fish, you just want to make them late. (Loosely quoted from Jerry Seinfeld. )

/ Illegal deer hunting? #63  
I don't agree with many things you say Piney but I like your description of field dressing and will take it a step or two futhur. For optimum quality of meat,the carcass should be put in a cooler soon as possible and stay there 48-72 hours before cutting up and freezeing. Ppen raised pork is somewhat the exception and is as tasty the day it's slaughtered,,,,, unless it's an intact male,in which case nothing will make it fit to eat. To my surprise,I've ate meat from wild boars that had no boar taint at all. It might turn your stomach to see a prime beef carcass the day before it's finally processed. Back to piney's reccomendations on field dressing,people that talk about foul tasting venison have usually ate some that spoiled from lack of refrigeration. The finest whitetail hunting in Texas is between Uvalde and Laredo which is 6-8 hours from Dallas and temperatures are often in the 80s. Many deer hang in a tree 2 days then ride home in the bed of a truck or strapped on the roof of a car. Sometimes it doesn't end there. With a deer quartered and on ice,I once began feeling ill on the way home and decided to drop the deer off at a processor's. The man up front checked me in,collected fee and told me to drive around back where they were processing. There was a pile of deer about 10 feet across and 6 feet high laying on the floor. Amoungest the few visiable on outside of pile,I could see 2 that looked to have taken several hits to various parts of their body,a few gut shot and some that had never been gutted. I then realized why I was asked to pay in advance. The guy cheerfully gave my money back and I went on my way. Had my animal still been wearing his hide and been added to the pile,one of two things would have happened. The guy with a deer at bottom of pile would have got my meat and I would have got his,,,,,,about 2 weeks later when it was finally uncovered,,,,,or,,,,,his animal would have layed at bottom of pile for 2 weeks before he got it back. :vomit::ill:
That's OK jaxass...you'll learn :D

/ Illegal deer hunting? #65  
The coyote is probably shot at the end. It痴 not let go under the impression it値l go on to live a long healthy life.

Yeah, it's only tortured and tormented for the necessary time to train some dogs to chase it....

Let's face it, that's cafeteria style morals, where we pick and choose what morals we want to live by as it suits us.

/ Illegal deer hunting? #66  
That痴 for people who don稚 want to kill the fish, you just want to make them late. (Loosely quoted from Jerry Seinfeld. )

:laughing: hadn't heard it put that way. :thumbsup:

/ Illegal deer hunting? #67  
The coyote is probably shot at the end. It痴 not let go under the impression it値l go on to live a long healthy life.

Do you actually believe when coyotes are so hard to find houndsmen pay $100 apiece for coyotes then shoot's them? I believe the houndsman alow's them to live in hopes of chasing it again instead of paying trapper $100 for another coyote? Just because you disagree with houndmen chaseing critters doesn't make them ignorant when it come's to spending their money.

/ Illegal deer hunting? #68  

Everyone I know who runs coyotes or foxes with dogs don't kill them. They simply do it to hear the dogs run because they enjoy it. Most of the people I know who do it are multi-millionaires, they are just looking for something to satisfy them at the moment, no different than the people here who brag about what they have and how much they paid for it. It simply satisfies them for a moment until they can find something else.

/ Illegal deer hunting? #69  
Using non native predators (dogs) to run, chase, hunt native game animals is not sport or is even close to being sporting IMO...you can embellish the activity by labeling it as such but it does not make it so...

As cruel as nature can be it can't compare to the wickedness humans can exhibit...

I didn't say I agree with it, I watch bull riding, team roping, bronc riding, etc. on TV. Do I agree with it? Not at all, but I watch it. It's all a sport as well. A sport doesn't have to be something with a ball involved.

/ Illegal deer hunting? #70  
Everyone I know who runs coyotes or foxes with dogs don't kill them. They simply do it to hear the dogs run because they enjoy it. Most of the people I know who do it are multi-millionaires, they are just looking for something to satisfy them at the moment, no different than the people here who brag about what they have and how much they paid for it. It simply satisfies them for a moment until they can find something else.
I get a pretty good kick outta watching (and hearing) my beagle hound run squirrels and chipmunks in my yard. She likes it too, it's like she was bred for it. She does exhibit some unsportsmanlike behavior, she just carries them around and chews on them till she gets bored, never eats them. 20191008_122222.jpeg