I'm Just a Little Ticked Off!

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
I keep a briefcase in my truck that contains manuals for my TC35D, 16LA loader, Bush Hog shredder, and sales literature for my business. Yesterday while at Speed Zone in Dallas for a birthday someone jimmied open the rear sliding window and took the briefcase, probably thinking that it was a computer. They probably chucked it after realizing what was in it. Now it's just a major PITA for me. :mad:

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #2  
At least they didn't smash out the window. I've been broken into twice and both times they smashed the window to get in. All they took was the change in my center console, as I keep nothing of value in the truck. I still find glass shards occasionally.

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #3  
There certainly is no shortage of lowlives amongst us that are ready to pounce on any opportunity. I'm glad the knuckle head did not cause more damage.:(

JC,

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #4  
That stinks, RD. What stinks even more is the dirtbag probably just tossed your manuals into a dumpster somewhere and then cursed you because you didn't have something more easily converted to crack money.:mad:

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #5  
In Texas, could you of shot the person for just steeling from a vehicle?

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off!

Don't know...but I'm 55 with a lot of years of pent up frustration, so if I had seen it happening I would of left my .38 special in my pocket and stomped 'em into the asphalt.

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #8  

Maybe, especially at nighttime. The following is from the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other痴 imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #9  
Maybe, especially at nighttime. The following is from the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other痴 imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

:thumbsup:

/ I'm Just a Little Ticked Off! #10  
Bird, I read you post several times, but I never saw anything about burying the perp next to a fire ant mound and covering his head in honey. As much as we'd love to do that, I guess the law must have been written before fire ants were so common in Texas.:laughing: