Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,261  

Video right here

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,262  
I imported a ditch bank flail mower from China. It was worth it. The hardest part was understanding the shipping. Alibaba has a great system for 'Trade Assurance' and I was very pleasantly surprised.

I've looked at importing Rubber pavers for our horse barns, given that they are 30% of the local cost, and I know that my local guys get them from a China Importer.

Alibaba is a pretty good thing. Sometimes its hard to navigate because things are posted several times from the same manufacturer. But there are some pretty good options and safeguards via Alibaba and if you use Trade Assurance, I suspect you can get a pretty good deal.

The trick is you MUST BE ABSOLUTELY SPECIFIC on ALL important parts etc. Trade Assurance only covers what is in the exact contract... not on what you 'thought' you were getting. That means, electrical, paint, etc etc etc. So if you use it, just be sure that everything is in the contract exactly how you want it, including any 'options' which you might think are standard. It usually isn't an issue, but if you have a problem, it must be spelled out in the contract to get your money back.
By 'contract' do you mean the Commercial Invoice, or a separate contract?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,263  
Most of the swing slope on my mini-X was due to the keyway. This photo was taken before installing the cushion valve. When I replaced the broken pinion, I installed a new keyway. Of course, there was almost no slope. However, a month later, it reverted back to its previous state.

My conclusion was that stress was concentrating on the keyway, causing deformation. So, I eventually installed the cushion valve...

The red liquid in the picture is Loctite Threadlocker, which was of course of no use. Instead of Threadlocker, applying retaining compound used for cylindrical fitting parts could be a solution. I've already purchased Loctite 638. However, what concerns me is that instead of the keyway, another part might break, such as the shaft of the swing motor. So, I haven't tried it yet. After installing the cushion valve, I didn't worry much about the swing slope. I plan to try it out when I have to work on the swing motor someday.
Loctite won't do anything for your Key, but it would Lock the Gear on the Shaft.

However, are you sure the Swing isn't in the Motor itself? The Motor doesn't "Lock" when not Pressured, it is free to move with sufficient force.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,264  
I imported a ditch bank flail mower from China. It was worth it. The hardest part was understanding the shipping. Alibaba has a great system for 'Trade Assurance' and I was very pleasantly surprised.

I've looked at importing Rubber pavers for our horse barns, given that they are 30% of the local cost, and I know that my local guys get them from a China Importer.

Alibaba is a pretty good thing. Sometimes its hard to navigate because things are posted several times from the same manufacturer. But there are some pretty good options and safeguards via Alibaba and if you use Trade Assurance, I suspect you can get a pretty good deal.

The trick is you MUST BE ABSOLUTELY SPECIFIC on ALL important parts etc. Trade Assurance only covers what is in the exact contract... not on what you 'thought' you were getting. That means, electrical, paint, etc etc etc. So if you use it, just be sure that everything is in the contract exactly how you want it, including any 'options' which you might think are standard. It usually isn't an issue, but if you have a problem, it must be spelled out in the contract to get your money back.
Did you ever get your rubber pavers and if so how did they work out?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,265  
would the 1 ton's fit on a 4.5x8 dump trailer?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,267  
Loctite won't do anything for your Key, but it would Lock the Gear on the Shaft.

However, are you sure the Swing isn't in the Motor itself? The Motor doesn't "Lock" when not Pressured, it is free to move with sufficient force.
Then the key would also suffer less damage.

I'm not sure exactly how much force "sufficient force" refers to, but it's normal for it to be impossible to move with just human strength. The motor itself has a slight backlash, but it's negligible.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,268  
Then the key would also suffer less damage.

I'm not sure exactly how much force "sufficient force" refers to, but it's normal for it to be impossible to move with just human strength. The motor itself has a slight backlash, but it's negligible.
Are you looking for an issue that isn't really there? You have a 4' fulcrum on a 3" Gear turned by a 2' diam. Gear. Of course there will be some play/backlash.

When you are using the machine, Swing, does it travel 5-10 degrees after you let off the control? Spring back 5 degrees?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,269  
Are you looking for an issue that isn't really there? You have a 4' fulcrum on a 3" Gear turned by a 2' diam. Gear. Of course there will be some play/backlash.

When you are using the machine, Swing, does it travel 5-10 degrees after you let off the control? Spring back 5 degrees?

I don't understand the intent of your question. I'm trying to identify and address issues with my mini-X. If there were no issues, the boom swing bracket or pinion wouldn't have broken.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,270  
I thought you were just looking for Slack in the Swing. Sorry I didn't follow a Break.