Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #231  
i am looking to import an Chinese mini excavator through alibaba. Does anyone know of a reliable company to buy from
on there?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #232  
loongsheen one ton i saw kb3 purchased through them but i am also considering hightop 10 mini excavator one ton due to $400 dollars less

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Did you ever install an oil cooler? Or run into any issues of getting it hot?

I never installed an oil cooler, but some of these units DO have them, installed outside the house, behind the seat in some cases. The machines DO get hot, so I first installed a temp gauge, then try to keep temps below 60C. Routing hot air out of the house is very important. If Loongsheen did not install the engine in a way that allows for the air inlet duct, then you should relocate the engine. It may mean just drilling four new holes in the mounting plate.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #234  
i am looking to import an Chinese mini excavator through alibaba. Does anyone know of a reliable company to buy from
on there?

I had gotten Loongsheen and Hightop into a bidding war. They really didn't move much on their price, but Loongsheen kept throwing in attachments for me. I'm happy with my machine can't speak for the Hightop. I would make sure you can get the spin on filter put on there or see if they would use NPTF fittings. From what I can tell so far it's going to take 5 fittings to go from metric to NPTF. Three on the tank side and two on the hose.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #235  
I never installed an oil cooler, but some of these units DO have them, installed outside the house, behind the seat in some cases. The machines DO get hot, so I first installed a temp gauge, then try to keep temps below 60C. Routing hot air out of the house is very important. If Loongsheen did not install the engine in a way that allows for the air inlet duct, then you should relocate the engine. It may mean just drilling four new holes in the mounting plate.

I'll have to see what I can do on that one. It looks like I could move the engine back an inch before it hits the rear cover. I may be able to move the hydraulic reservoir forward some. This might just give me the clearance needed. I installed a temperature gauge that is ment to go under a head bolt. Except I put it under one of the bolts for where the strainer mounts to the hydraulic reservoir. So far I haven't seen over 127F and it was around 67-70F that day. I ran it constantly for a few hours. I also asked Loongsheen on getting a cooler and they told me it barely makes any difference and wasn't worth getting. Not sure if they didn't want to sell me one or maybe their coolers are undersized. Any idea where to get the air inlet duct?

Any idea where to get the air inlet duct?

Use the air duct that they normally put in there for the ChangChai or Koop diesel engine. I have not looked for a US supplier of these. Order from the factory and they should send you one. On my machine, the duct was still installed after they removed the diesel engine. I adapted it to mine.

The temperature you need to monitor is the hydraulic oil, not the engine. The newer units from multiple factories seem to be installing a thermometer on the hyd reservoir sight glass. Not easy to see. I like my remote thermometer better.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #237  
Use the air duct that they normally put in there for the ChangChai or Koop diesel engine. I have not looked for a US supplier of these. Order from the factory and they should send you one. On my machine, the duct was still installed after they removed the diesel engine. I adapted it to mine.

The temperature you need to monitor is the hydraulic oil, not the engine. The newer units from multiple factories seem to be installing a thermometer on the hyd reservoir sight glass. Not easy to see. I like my remote thermometer better.
I will have to come up with something for the air duct. Loongsheen claims they don't use the duct. With where I've put the temp sensor it should show the outside temperature of the hydraulic reservoir. Which I wouldn't think could be too far off of the actual fluid temperature. One of the bolts that mounts the strainer was my best option at the moment. Hoping to get an actual probe in soon.

I will have to come up with something for the air duct.

You can also operate the machine with the rear body panel off entirely. These engines are not really designed to be enclosed, IMO. Hence the need for forced ventilation and ducting. I also routed my muffler and combustion air intake outside of the house, as you can see above.

The OEM muffler is quieter than my generic cylindrical muffler, so I may modify that or try another. I have one from a large Honda generator that I may try.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #239  
I'm about to buy one of these from China will be shipping it to Cincinnati is there anything I need to be aware of in order of fees or anything that I must make sure that's included I appreciate your reply

I'm about to buy one of these from China will be shipping it to Cincinnati is there anything I need to be aware of in order of fees or anything that I must make sure that's included I appreciate your reply

If you are using Alibaba, they can handle all logistics for you. The importation process is complicated.

Make sure you buy spares and attachments at the time of your purchase, when they are cheap.