Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
A 2017 Sany 1.6T "only" garnered a top bid of 11K last week at a local auction (Sacramento, CA). And it had a non-functional hour meter. No telling if the final bid was accepted by the seller.

I don't get how folks can buy auctioned equipment without in-person inspection. At least Alibaba offers to inspect a machine in China for a nominal fee.

I am glad I gave up the pursuit of a beater name-brand mini-X in order to buy my XN08.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #382  
It's official, My Mini Geisha, went on a (barge) Cruise last night. It's at the Cabin now.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #383  
Hmmm. I called their headquarters in GA and they told me it didn't matter who bought it from where as long as it was in the time limits it was warranted.

Kind of moot point now. That auction was my last attempt at getting an excavator at auction. I had a deal set up with China and just wired the downpayment for one.
I know someone who bought one at an auction, it needed warr. and all warr. work was denied because it came from an auction. Prior to him getting it, he was told same as you were.

Sany will NOT warr. auction machines.

SR

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #384  
Hey Everyone, New guy to TBN. Just bought an AGROTK KAT12 from RB AUCTIONS. I'm wondering if any one has a picture of what hoses to swap to TLB controls. Same valve block as most of the other CE mini's out there. Just trying to save some time . Thanks in advance.

Just bought an AGROTK KAT12 from RB AUCTIONS.
Congrats on the purchase. What did you pay (incl all fees/taxes), and where are you and the auction located?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #386  
Hey Everyone, New guy to TBN. Just bought an AGROTK KAT12 from RB AUCTIONS. I'm wondering if any one has a picture of what hoses to swap to TLB controls. Same valve block as most of the other CE mini's out there. Just trying to save some time . Thanks in advance.
Got any photos?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #387  
Don't have any pics yet but when I do i will post them ,or rather my wife will......
I paid $6,138 all told. Auction was in MD. , almost in DE.
I'm in the piedmont of Va.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #388  
My bid was $5,250 , so almost another grand for all the other BS.

Don't have any pics yet but when I do i will post them ,or rather my wife will......
I paid $6,138 all told. Auction was in MD. , almost in DE.
I'm in the piedmont of Va.
That's a fantastic price, total. The seller lost money. Dunno if you said: did you just get just the one bucket, or did you get any other attachments/spares?

Update your profile with VA. Lots of TBN users in Virginia. Welcome.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #390  
Just one bucket so far . I have a complete home style machine shop so will likely make a lot of my own stuff. That being said most attachments are so cheap it may not be worth my time. Steel is expensive and I'm not getting any younger.......