Indiana earthquake

/ Indiana earthquake #3  
Northern Indiana here: The felt it in my neighborhood (all sand) but not at my employer 4 miles away (all clay).

/ Indiana earthquake #4  
3.8 is a trembler......not worth getting out of bed for.

/ Indiana earthquake #7  
Knock on wood, but I’ve never been in an earthquake. At least never felt an earthquake.

The New Madrid fault is pretty close and supposedly is a huge risk. They say when it went in the early 1900’s it made the Mississippi River flow backwards.

MoKelly

/ Indiana earthquake #8  
Been thru a few big quakes when I lived in California. Got lots of work repairing buildings afterwards.

/ Indiana earthquake #9  
Northern Indiana here: The felt it in my neighborhood (all sand) but not at my employer 4 miles away (all clay).
I didn't feel it and was in Winimac at the time.

/ Indiana earthquake #10  
Lived in Anchorage, Ak for 20 years. There were so many quakes - you got use to them. Large hanging chandelier in the entry way. When you saw that thing swinging - better hang on tight. Here is the annual state stats - Alaska averages 20,000 earth quakes EVERY YEAR - these are the ones you can feel - one mag 7 to 8 quake every year, six mag 6 to 7 quakes every year, 45 mag 5 to 6 quakes every year, 320 mag 4 to 5 quakes every year. This is the state wide average.

At least twice a month we had to reposition all the wife's dishes in the china cabinet.

Hard to believe but you can actually become accustom to all the shaking, rattling and rumbling.

I would guess it's similar to a person living right next to the railroad tracks. After a while they don't even notice the train passing.

Last edited: