Info on my install of a manual throttle in a 2014 Kubota RTV x1100c

/ Info on my install of a manual throttle in a 2014 Kubota RTV x1100c #1  

jkahan

Hi folks - don't post a lot here but read tons so I thought I would provide some info of my n=1 experience of installing a manual throttle kit in a Kubota RTV x1100c. Got the kit from Messicks (always awesome to deal with) - it's a Kubota part -- K7421-99450 Item KIT HAND THROTTLE,ENG D1105.

This is a spring loaded and lockable assembly that sits to the left of the operator and allows one to provide power to the RTV before stepping on the accelerator... This is a very useful device, especially when starting up a hill, or when plowing, or with tracks (so I am told as I don't own tracks, yet!!). This device addresses the RTV's engine power time lag when stepping on the accelerator
(I think due to it's hydraulic transmission).

Instructions are solid and are for several RTV models. The x1100c already has a throttle control pull lever that provides temporary power (it's spring loaded and can't be locked in place).

The existing control / cable assembly has to be removed. No instructions on this matter at all but somewhat obvious, plus it's cable path allowed me to figure out exactly where to route the new cable. This was a big plus for me as the engine compartment is tight and the photo's in the instructions, while good, are challenging for 3D-challenged people like me.

The hardest part about this whole endeavor is the incredibly tight spaces that you have to reach into. I have big hands but managed not to swear too much and only left a little blood on the hydraulic filter.

The cable goes back into the engine compartment (under the bed) on the left side and wraps around the engine to the throttle control (on the right side); the throttle control has two contact points, one for the cable coming from the accelerator pedal assembly and one for the manual throttle control cable.

The existing manual throttle control can be removed by pulling it down into the compartment under the driver's seat (remove knob with allen wrench first of course).

The existing control cable can be pulled back into the same compartment but to do so means cutting cable ties, etc... that hold other stuff. I didn't want to do that so I simply pulled the end of the cable (with it's bracket) back to the last cable tie and secured it there (with a zip tie). I then coiled and secured the old manual throttle assembly inside the compartment under the driver's seat.

Mounting the new manual throttle assembly and routing the cable is very straightforward -- especially after battling with the old cable and assembly. I used a piece of wire to help fish the new cable into the engine compartment. It is critical that one follows the correct path around the engine (the same path used by the old cable).

New manual throttle works really well and is a huge improvement in the RTV's initial acceleration.

Now alls I need are tracks.

/ Info on my install of a manual throttle in a 2014 Kubota RTV x1100c #2  
I was lucky enough that my RTV900 came with the throttle control as well as the rear hydraulics. The throttle control is a good deal but the rear hydraulics are completely inadequate for anything I would like to use them for.
If you don't bleed on it and exercise your vocabulary a little the job usually worth doing. Congrats on getting it done.