Injector cleaner

/ Injector cleaner #21  
This is not about additives, but I had a mechanic years ago (80s or 90s) tell me to add some ATF to engine oil and run it before changing the oil. He said it's higher level detergents would help clean out the engine insides. He was a friend, not someone who worked on my cars.

My Dad told me the same thing when I was a teenager rebuilding an old FarmAll H. There was Soo much crud in that engine that we finally added 25% kerosene to the oil and ran the snot out of it.

/ Injector cleaner #23  
Having to replace an injector pump in my truck I had the diesel shop change the injectors right away, at a big price. The main takeaway from from their suggestions was to use Stanadyne Lubrication Formula. The second thing was to change fuel filters every other oil change. The third thing was to not use diesel dryers because the new diesel fuel is so dry already. One other thing was to stay off the pressure booster as this wears injectors prematurely.

I treat my tractors the same after that advice.

/ Injector cleaner #24  
Everyone like to call any additive "Snake oil"
Well for 40 plus years I've adding snake oil to my vehicles and equipment and have never had an injector or engine problem. I even run a batter snake oil that kept my forklift battery alive for 15 plus years and at 5K a battery I'm glad I used the snake oil. My forklift company said they've never seen a battery last that long.

While everyone was having Toyota sludge problems with their Toyotas Vans in the 90 my van ran like a swiss watch. While people were having problems with their sprinter vans with injectors and EGR valves I went to 200k and never has an issue.

I've used the additive on my 30ft box delivery trucks, lawnmowers, compressors, pressure washers, etc, I put the stuff in the tranny, rear ends, front differentials, transfer cases anywhere oil goes I add my snake oil.

On a chevy van, my workers used they never checked the oil and it ran out of oil and knocking. The mechanic said the vehicle was junk. I filled it with oil my nuclear submarine additive and she ran for another 100K miles of abuse from my employees and ran great when I sold it to an employee who ran it for another 7 years.

I could not care less what people say about snake oil all I know is it has worked for me for decades and even yesterday My Kubota, Takeuchi excavator, and 2019 Ford F250 all got their dose of diesel additives and my special oil additives.

Could I have just been "lucky" on these dozens of vehicles or was it the snake oil? One will never know, but I do know my equipment runs better.

I just remembered the test I did 30 years ago before using the oil additive I use. I had an old 60-gallon compressor that I purchased used from a body shop. The compressor always got do hot you could smell it plus the powder coating was peeling off the head of the pump. It got so hot you could cook a can of soup on it.

I put in some of the oil additives and after that, the compressor ran so cool you could rest your hand on it, something you could never do before. Unscientific but it convinced me to use the stuff.

Don't ask what I use I'm not in the mood to debate the merits of the additive, it works for me and that's all I care about.

Marvel Mystery Oil ????

/ Injector cleaner #25  
it kinda boils down to what type of injection system you have, and what type of emissions system.

/ Injector cleaner #26  
In all my cases, no emissions hardware and Bosch mechanical injection except my truck which is high pressure unit injection. Not even crankcase blowby reburn. All have road draft tubes. I believe in legal pollution.