Inner tube woes

/ Inner tube woes
The stuff for buildings is made to contain a lot of air for insulating properties I understand. What they use in tires is more of a “urethane rubber product“

OK, thanks for that. I'll check with local tractor dealers, local tire shop doesn't do it.

/ Inner tube woes #23  
Hmmm.....interesting.
So what is this foam that weighs so much, is it like the stuff you spray into holes in a building? Can you leave the tubes in? Will it breakdown over time?
Just when I thought I was old enough to know everything :)

Different foam from what I gather....it has to be put in by a pro, and then cured 24hrs in a heated 'oven' (not too high temp I think). Supposed to outlast the tire. They left my tubes in and simply filled them.....I guess they do tubeless as well ? Wasn't cheap......they had a minimum charge of $49/tire, but given the number of times I've had to replace tubes over the 12 years or so I've had the tiller, and that is now OVER, I felt like it was worth it.

/ Inner tube woes
Different foam from what I gather....it has to be put in by a pro, and then cured 24hrs in a heated 'oven' (not too high temp I think). Supposed to outlast the tire. They left my tubes in and simply filled them.....I guess they do tubeless as well ? Wasn't cheap......they had a minimum charge of $49/tire, but given the number of times I've had to replace tubes over the 12 years or so I've had the tiller, and that is now OVER, I felt like it was worth it.

Thanks for that Andy - good info there :thumbsup:
BTW, we were over your way couple of years ago, nice area & people.