Insomnia

/ Insomnia
It's 3:45 am here. About the only thing I'm gonna hear - the trains way off to the West. Otherwise - dead silence.
Oos-ville in the news. Grocery store shooter out of Richland arrested on I-90 between Spokane and Sprague.

/ Insomnia #72  
Oosik didn't need to worry. The gunman couldn't have ever found his house, even by accident.

/ Insomnia #73  
Cats are indeed the weirdest animals. They do have different individual personalities, but do have one thing in common: their minds work in a totally different way than that of humans.
You ever wake up for an unknown reason, look around, and the cat is sitting there looking at you?

You can be darn well sure that cat did something to you while you were sleeping, you just can't prove it.

/ Insomnia #74  
Wake up to this...

CB81E1ED-858B-491E-888A-AE4283231470.jpeg

Or this!

2CE3CF48-BF49-42A1-9DE3-BA5B477A99CE.jpeg

The 2nd one gives me insomnia. :ROFLMAO:

/ Insomnia #75  
A little off topic but sort of related. Anybody who has read the Jack Reacher books knows that Reacher always knew what time it was. I used to be that way at night. I’d wake up and know what time it was, not to the nearest minute but close. Since I retired I’ve lost that ability.

/ Insomnia #76  
A little off topic but sort of related. Anybody who has read the Jack Reacher books knows that Reacher always knew what time it was. I used to be that way at night. I’d wake up and know what time it was, not to the nearest minute but close. Since I retired I’ve lost that ability.
I think some people have the gift of time.

I can keep pretty close track of it, no matter where I am.

As far as sleep, never been able to get a few hours uninterrupted. And no matter the time, 3AM is the wake up. I think it is something in my DNA. Or a serious chemicals imbalance that science should be interested in.

And I don't use cats. LOL

/ Insomnia #77  
Way back when I was young, I had a friend taught me the use of what he called self hypnosis to go to sleep. First you would make sure you were comfortable. Then you would clear your mind of everything, This was the hardest thing to do. It takes practice. One technique that worked for me was to think of your mind as the sky and thoughts as clouds. As soon as a cloud, or thought, would appear, and then a little imaginary man, or the wind , or could even be a tractor :) , would push it away to make the sky clear again.

When the sky stayed clear, you tell each part of your body to go to sleep. You could also tell yourself what time you wanted to wake up. Then you would drift off to sleep and wake up at that precise time.

It took some practice but it was simply amazing how well it worked. I still do the making the clouds go away part sometimes, but the others are not needed anymore. Actually with retrospect, the realization that you can control what your mind chooses to think about was the most important aspect of this technique. It can be used elsewhere at any time. It is amazing how many people don't realize that choice is available. I sometimes suspect of what causes that ability to manage your thoughts is what some people call your spirit. It could be one of the things that differentiates us from an animal.

/ Insomnia #78  
Cougsfan - even if the fellow found my driveway - the Honda he was driving would have never made it in to the house. Man -'O - Man. This is the year of MUD. I'll have plenty to do with the rear blade and LPGS when things dry out.

/ Insomnia #79  
Way back when I was young, I had a friend taught me the use of what he called self hypnosis to go to sleep. First you would make sure you were comfortable. Then you would clear your mind of everything, This was the hardest thing to do. It takes practice. One technique that worked for me was to think of your mind as the sky and thoughts as clouds. As soon as a cloud, or thought, would appear, and then a little imaginary man, or the wind , or could even be a tractor :) , would push it away to make the sky clear again.

When the sky stayed clear, you tell each part of your body to go to sleep. You could also tell yourself what time you wanted to wake up. Then you would drift off to sleep and wake up at that precise time.

It took some practice but it was simply amazing how well it worked. I still do the making the clouds go away part sometimes, but the others are not needed anymore. Actually with retrospect, the realization that you can control what your mind chooses to think about was the most important aspect of this technique. It can be used elsewhere at any time. It is amazing how many people don't realize that choice is available. I sometimes suspect of what causes that ability to manage your thoughts is what some people call your spirit. It could be one of the things that differentiates us from an animal.
Control techniques, the good kind. I had problems with sleep for years until I was taught the same thing. After I choose what to think about and focus my mind on, I have had a lot less problems with not being able to get a good nights sleep.
I think half of it is believing that the technique works. And I will continue to believe that as it works for me.

Last edited:
   / Insomnia #80  
Well, unfortunately, I have a radio in my head for a screensaver. If my brain goes idle, I almost immediately hear a song playing. It can be anything from the Rolling Stones to ABBA (blech!). No rhyme or reason as to what my brain picks, it's like a jukebox on shuffle play. And it's never the entire song, it's only one verse or refrain. Over and over. If I stop the song, I hear the tinnitus.

So, my choices for the evening are:
Think thoughts.
Successfully stop the thoughts, then....
Listen to the Bee Gees Stayin' Alive Stayin' Alive
AH AH AH AH Stayin' Alive....
Successfully stop the songs and.....
Listen to the ring if tinnitus.

🙃

It's a living hell. :ROFLMAO: