Insomnia

/ Insomnia #81  
Well, unfortunately, I have a radio in my head for a screensaver. If my brain goes idle, I almost immediately hear a song playing. It can be anything from the Rolling Stones to ABBA (blech!). No rhyme or reason as to what my brain picks, it's like a jukebox on shuffle play. And it's never the entire song, it's only one verse or refrain. Over and over. If I stop the song, I hear the tinnitus.

So, my choices for the evening are:
Think thoughts.
Successfully stop the thoughts, then....
Listen to the Bee Gees Stayin' Alive Stayin' Alive
AH AH AH AH Stayin' Alive....
Successfully stop the songs and.....
Listen to the ring if tinnitus.

🙃

It's a living hell. :ROFLMAO:
You ARE the dancing queen, staying alive.

LMAO

I have serious tinnitus. And the really funny thing is, I pick up on ultra low sounds really, really well.

It's maddening.

/ Insomnia #82  
As a heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest survivor I can tell you my cardiologist is VERY interested in my sleep patters. Poor sleep can lead to heart problems. That is not what caused mine, but he is worried about a repeat.

Do you snore? If so that could be a sign of sleep apnea. The cure for that is a CPAP.
Are you stressed? That can cause sleep trouble. Meditation at bed time can help with that.
Depressed? That can cause sleep problems.... lack of sleep can also cause depression.

There are myriad of problems that can cause sleep issues. Talk to your doctor about it. For me we ended up with 50 MG of Trazodone each night. It is a very old antidrepressant. I am not taking enough of it to get any antidepressive effects but enough to make me sleep pretty well.

/ Insomnia #83  
Well, unfortunately, I have a radio in my head for a screensaver. If my brain goes idle, I almost immediately hear a song playing. It can be anything from the Rolling Stones to ABBA (blech!). No rhyme or reason as to what my brain picks, it's like a jukebox on shuffle play. And it's never the entire song, it's only one verse or refrain. Over and over.
I'll have that sometimes as part of a dream, often kind of a weird dream. As with you, it's only part of the song that repeats. When I wake up, often as not the song stays with me.

/ Insomnia #84  
I have the songs in my head all day long, and anytime I wake up. Like I said, it's like a screensaver; when my brain goes idle, the music starts.

Right now it's Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight.

🎼

For anyone else with this condition, I have one thing to say to you....

Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through the Tulips...

Now get that out of your head! :ROFLMAO:

/ Insomnia #86  
Well Moss If I had your issues I'd be flooding my mind with the most relaxing music I could stand. And you can change the music in your mind. I do it all the time. Many songs I listened to when I was younger weren't really edifying. Sometimes they are going through my mind and I don't really appreciate it so I deliberately change the play list.

I rarely listen to music of any sort anymore. It's just way more satisfying to chew on my thoughts while driving.

/ Insomnia #87  
As a heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest survivor I can tell you my cardiologist is VERY interested in my sleep patters. Poor sleep can lead to heart problems. That is not what caused mine, but he is worried about a repeat.

Do you snore? If so that could be a sign of sleep apnea. The cure for that is a CPAP.
Are you stressed? That can cause sleep trouble. Meditation at bed time can help with that.
Depressed? That can cause sleep problems.... lack of sleep can also cause depression.

There are myriad of problems that can cause sleep issues. Talk to your doctor about it. For me we ended up with 50 MG of Trazodone each night. It is a very old antidrepressant. I am not taking enough of it to get any antidepressive effects but enough to make me sleep pretty well.
I snore. Proven to not be apnea, thank goodness.
Stressed? Not for the past 4.5 years.
Depressed? Not for the past 4.5 years.

Trazodone? Me too. Had to stop it. It gave me very vivid dreams. As in, they seemed real. Nothing violent or weird, just super-realistic. For example, I'd be taking a walk in the woods, talking to my wife. I'd open my eyes and wonder what I was doing in bed. Sometimes it would take 5-10 minutes for me to convince myself the dream wasn't real. And then I'd still wonder about it for another 20 minutes. Switched meds and all good.

/ Insomnia #88  
Well Moss If I had your issues I'd be flooding my mind with the most relaxing music I could stand. And you can change the music in your mind. I do it all the time. Many songs I listened to when I was younger weren't really edifying. Sometimes they are going through my mind and I don't really appreciate it so I deliberately change the play list.

I rarely listen to music of any sort anymore. It's just way more satisfying to chew on my thoughts while driving.
Yep. I change the channel in my head as well. Usually pick a Stones tune.

In the car, I can turn up the music to where I can't hear myself think. Love it! (y)

/ Insomnia #89  
Well, unfortunately, I have a radio in my head for a screensaver. If my brain goes idle, I almost immediately hear a song playing. It can be anything from the Rolling Stones to ABBA (blech!). No rhyme or reason as to what my brain picks, it's like a jukebox on shuffle play. And it's never the entire song, it's only one verse or refrain. Over and over. If I stop the song, I hear the tinnitus.

So, my choices for the evening are:
Think thoughts.
Successfully stop the thoughts, then....
Listen to the Bee Gees Stayin' Alive Stayin' Alive
AH AH AH AH Stayin' Alive....
Successfully stop the songs and.....
Listen to the ring if tinnitus.

🙃

It's a living hell. :ROFLMAO:
That was Jack Reacher in his very first episode. He eventually changed to playing games with numbers.
Don't drink a lot of soda anymore, but Mt. Dew (and Moxie, which these days is unobtainium) are about it. Mostly water or tea.
I was never a big Moxie fan, but my father and brother were. After they both passed I decided that somebody had to pick up the torch so I bought a bottle. I took one sip and immediately spit it out... WTF? They changed the recipe and among other things are using high fructose corn syrup; instead of tasting like bad medicine, now it's just sickly sweet syrupy crap.
A little off topic but sort of related. Anybody who has read the Jack Reacher books knows that Reacher always knew what time it was. I used to be that way at night. I’d wake up and know what time it was, not to the nearest minute but close. Since I retired I’ve lost that ability.
I was like that for years, in the woods as well as when sleeping. After too many years of always having a clock of some type nearby; GPS, Data collector, phone... I've lost the ability.

/ Insomnia #90  
Reading some of these posts, makes me grateful. I sleep extremely well. Most of my adult life I had a job where I worked 6-7 days a week. I would go to bed around 11 or midnight, get up at 6. I was asleep the whole 6 hours. I seldom turned over in the night. Now since I retired. I rarely get to bed before midnight, sometimes later. I sometimes drink coffee at midnight, I drink a lot of coffee. I go to bed when I get sleepy & usually, I am asleep in 5-10 minutes. I sleep 8 or more hours now and rarely turnover. Even sleeping that much, now if I sit down after lunch and watch TV, I will fall asleep & drop my coffee cup.
Do you drop your cup on the way to your mouth or on its way back to the table? Do you have a table?